Author Topic: Group purchase - CZ83 in .32ACP / 7.65mm - Illinois  (Read 703 times)

Offline il.bill

Group purchase - CZ83 in .32ACP / 7.65mm - Illinois
« on: November 03, 2017, 10:26:35 AM »
SEE REPLY #9

Greetings-

I am getting ready to send in an order for some CZ83 Pistols chambered in .32 ACP aka. 7.65mm (used and rated in Very Good Condition) imported by Century Arms International.  If anyone wants to get in on a 'Group Buy' on these CZ83s, send me a Personal Message.

The pistol cost will be $367.50 each.  Basic S/H charges delivered by insured US Mail to an FFL dealer would add $25.00, making it a cost of $392.50 each delivered.  Payment by USPS Money Order or by personal check.  Quantities are limited and I will need to place the order soon before they sell out.  PM me for more information.

Thanks for taking a look.

Bill
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 01:23:28 AM by il.bill »

Offline il.bill

Sold Out in an hour!
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2017, 11:08:24 AM »
WOW!

SOLD OUT in an hour!

Online Psyop96

Re: Group purchase - CZ83 in .32ACP / 7.65mm - Illinois
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2017, 11:43:57 AM »
Quick....someone tell CZUB they can sell out a limited edition if they made one!

Offline afultz075

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2017, 12:40:17 PM »
Quick....someone tell CZUB they can sell out a limited edition if they made one!

I asked Stuart at CZC about a year ago if it would be possible to have CZUB make a batch of these to bring over to the US. I guess CZUB had no plans to make anymore and wasn't interested in another run.

I bet they would need a commitment to buy 500-1000 to even be interested, and i'm wondering if there is quite that much demand to sell 500 NIB ones in a reasonable amount of time. Beretta made some Cheetahs in .32 a couple years back and there are still new ones sitting on gunbroker selling very slowly.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 12:50:29 PM by afultz075 »

Online Psyop96

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2017, 05:27:11 PM »
You are probably correct about the minimum as I believe the last run of .380 from a couple years ago was in that range and .32 ACP is a bit of a niche for collector-shooters. You’ve probably satiated the market for it with this batch. Looking forward to photos from the happy buyers here.

Offline afultz075

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2017, 06:13:12 PM »
I grabbed 2 of the "good" ones for myself. Would have went with the Very Good ones but I didn't pull the trigger soon enough.

I'm a little nervous about what i'm going to get and I usually do not buy used guns sight unseen. Fingers are crossed that I don't get a rusty pitted mess. Regardless I don't think I can really lose at the price I paid. I already have a few of these I snagged over the last year and a half and i'm only really trying to see if I can trade up to ones in better condition as two of the 3 I have are kind of ratty (finish-wise).

Online Psyop96

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2017, 06:28:05 PM »
Something to whet the appetite while you wait. Decent looking specimen in the used guns section at the CZUB mother store. A 1991. About $180 (and that includes a 21% VAT.

Offline eastman

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2017, 02:45:09 PM »
Did you get any of these to re-sell? I'm up in the Northeast corner of the DPRI.
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline jdubya87

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2017, 03:55:07 PM »
Just saw this, any left?

Offline il.bill

« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2017, 07:14:26 PM »
Good news ... and, bad news.

Good news - The distributor got some more in.  As I type this 6:00 p.m. Central Time November 7th they have 22 CAI Very Good CZ83s in .32 ACP remaining.  I doubt that they will last long.

Bad news (1)- Apparently Century Arms International incorrectly advertised these to everybody.  The condition is generally Very Good Surplus, BUT they only come with one (1) magazine not two.

Bad news (2)- It looks like intense demand has driven the price up.  The CAI Very Good Surplus CZ83 in .32 ACP with ONE magazine now would cost $397.50 each.  With S/H of $26.50 the TOTAL COST IS $424.00 delivered to a verified FFL.

Send me a PM if you still would like to get one.  I will check around midnight and place an order if some are available - first come, first served.

Bill

What appeared to be a really good deal has morphed into just a deal on a .32 ACP CZ83.  I will check my messages before midnight and can place an order if anyone is interested at this price, as long as no one beats me to them!

Offline il.bill

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 01:18:07 AM »
I test fired 5 rounds of Armscor .32 ACP ammo from each of the five CZ83 Pistols that came in yesterday and it is easy to see why people love them.  I have been looking for a .32 ACP CZ83 for about five years.  That is a very nice shooting handgun.  They ran flawlessly as all the CZ82 9x18mm Makarov and CZ83 .380 ACP pistols I have fired before.  The ambidextrous magazine release even works from each side (!) on all five pistols.  They are ready to ship out once payment is received and processed.

Bill

Offline eastman

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 10:23:30 PM »
I test fired 5 rounds of Armscor .32 ACP ammo from each of the five CZ83 Pistols that came in yesterday and it is easy to see why people love them.  I have been looking for a .32 ACP CZ83 for about five years.  That is a very nice shooting handgun.  They ran flawlessly as all the CZ82 9x18mm Makarov and CZ83 .380 ACP pistols I have fired before.  The ambidextrous magazine release even works from each side (!) on all five pistols.  They are ready to ship out once payment is received and processed.

Bill

Hopefully the PO will be rested from their holiday today and get the money order delivered early on Monday. I'm looking forward to adding the newest mouse to the house.

Offline il.bill

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 08:46:28 AM »

Bill

Hopefully the PO will be rested from their holiday today and get the money order delivered early on Monday. I'm looking forward to adding the newest mouse to the house.

Yours is boxed up and ready to ship.  I think you will really like it.

The pistols look pretty nice.  I would have to agree with CAI in rating them Very Good Surplus.  The barrels and rifling are strong, the triggers in both DA and SA feel like a CZ83, the finish on the slide / frame / grips shows some carry wear, but they look good to me, and as I said, both sides of the magazine release are working. 

The 9x18mm Makarov and .380 ACP Browning 'Short' always surprise me with how 'snappy' the recoil feels when I haven't shot a CZ 82/83 for a while (guess I am just too frugal to try new recoil springs when the pistols run so well as is).  Shooting these .32 ACP CZ83 Pistols give you all the good points of the model with a significantly milder recoil feel.  It is pretty neat!  I may have to dig out a CZ82/83 shoulder holster and carry the .32 now and then.  They ran well in the test firing on Armscor FMJ - I have read that they may have a preference for European cartridges ( Sellier & Bellot, Prvi Partisan PPU, et.al.) that are loaded a little bit 'hotter' than the American brands.  That makes sense, since the Czechs designed the pistols with that ammo in mind.

Offline eastman

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 09:38:51 PM »
I shot my IL CCL qualification with a vz82 in 9mm Mak.

When I got my first mouse (a vz50), I found it strongly preferred S&B ammo over American Eagle. Looking at the cases, the rim and extractor groove are shaped slightly different in European 7.65 Browning and American .32 ACP ammo. May be why American pistol like American ammo (Savage 1907) and European pistols prefer European ammo.

Offline il.bill

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2017, 01:32:23 PM »
I shot my IL CCL qualification with a vz82 in 9mm Mak. ... Looking at the cases, the rim and extractor groove are shaped slightly different in European 7.65 Browning and American .32 ACP ammo. May be why American pistol like American ammo (Savage 1907) and European pistols prefer European ammo.

That makes sense about the European and American cartridges working better in their native pistol designs.

I also shot my IL Concealed Carry Qualification using a vz82.  I practiced for a month and a half at 5-7-10 yards and was supremely confident.  When I stepped up to the line my first 9x19mm Makarov shot at five yards was dead center, and about 5-6 inches low!  In my nervousness I had forgotten that the pistol needs a 'combat hold' on the target, with the front sight actually covering the bullseye on the target, not teeing it up like a snowcone or golf ball.  Nobody was watching, nobody cared, and the only pressure was what I had put on myself.  That was an eye-opener for me.  If that piece of paper was shooting back or coming at me with a knife, then how much stress and pressure would be involved?

I shook my head, chalked it up to a good lesson learned, took a deep breath, and put the next 29 shots in a nice little group centered on the bullseye.