Author Topic: Warranty work on CZs  (Read 305 times)

Offline WVsig

Warranty work on CZs
« on: November 07, 2017, 08:08:18 AM »
Has anyone ever had to send a pistol in for warranty work? If so where you the original owner of the gun and did they ask you for a receipt or proof of purchase for the firearm? I have recently been looking at some LNIB PCRs and Compacts. A lot of firearms companies like S&W do not a ask for proof of purchase for warranty work. Others like Sig do.

I can save a few bucks buying used on these CZs but I am wondering if I am hamstringing myself on the warranty side for a relatively small amount of money.
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Soren Kierkegaard
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Offline ernie_h

Re: Warranty work on CZs
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 08:58:41 AM »
"Yes" to all 3 questions. I've also bought used, but usually only CZs that are very hard or impossible to find new.... with the attitude that if something is not right, it can (in most cases) be made right. CGW, for example, can work wonders if you don't know anyone locally or via this forum (or can do some of the work yourself).

Offline Hrfunk

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 10:32:40 AM »
You might want to peruse the CZ warranty info here: http://cz-usa.com/support/warranty/ . In reading it, there is no mention of a restriction of warranty work to the original purchaser. The warranty for mechanical failures, however, is for 5 years; so I suspect anything older than that my be scrutinized to determine whether it was purchased new or second hand. Probably the easiest way to find an answer is to call CZ and ask them.

HRF

Offline boo2112

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 12:31:34 PM »
You might want to peruse the CZ warranty info here: http://cz-usa.com/support/warranty/ . In reading it, there is no mention of a restriction of warranty work to the original purchaser.

Read it again:

"All CZ-USA firearms are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year on wooden parts and surface treatment and five (5) years on other parts to the original purchaser. "

Offline WVsig

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 05:46:53 PM »
boo2112 that is what I read. Other companies have a similar provision but don't necessarily enforce it.
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Soren Kierkegaard
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Offline boo2112

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 07:47:17 PM »
boo2112 that is what I read. Other companies have a similar provision but don't necessarily enforce it.

WVsig - I am responding to Hrfunk, which is why I quoted his post.

In case you aren't aware, when reading through an interesting thread you may find a specific post you'd like to respond to. This is when you use the quote feature.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 07:49:41 PM by boo2112 »

Offline cntrydawwwg

Warranty work on CZs
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2017, 11:21:13 PM »
OP, the choice is up to you. If you’re like some of us and like to tweak your pistol, may as well save the money and buy used. As soon as you put mods in the pistol the warranty is void anyways. JMHO.
   Oops, I didn’t quote you, hope you know who I’m talking to.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 11:26:56 PM by cntrydawwwg »
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline Hrfunk

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2017, 08:40:21 AM »
You might want to peruse the CZ warranty info here: http://cz-usa.com/support/warranty/ . In reading it, there is no mention of a restriction of warranty work to the original purchaser.

Read it again:

"All CZ-USA firearms are warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship for one (1) year on wooden parts and surface treatment and five (5) years on other parts to the original purchaser. "

Oops! Sorry!! I read right over that. I stand corrected. Thank you!

anything