Author Topic: Race vs Ring hammer for carry/HD  (Read 546 times)

Offline bm303

Race vs Ring hammer for carry/HD
« on: November 07, 2017, 06:08:37 PM »
Any preference between the two? Looking to pick up hammers both of my CZ's. The race looks much better to me but I was concerned about possibly snagging.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: Race vs Ring hammer for carry/HD
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 07:01:35 PM »
My P07 has the old style ring hammer.  I've not noticed any issues with snagging on a t-shirt, cotton shirt or light jacket.

I've only got the one pistol with a race hammer from CGW and I've not (yet) carried it.  It still needs to be broken in/proven reliable.

I do have one carry CZ with the old style spur hammer (which should be worse for snagging than a race hammer) and again, I've noticed no issues with the t- shirt, cotton shirt or light jacket.
Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.  So, if you see me walking the dogs with my SIG 556R, its okay.

Offline mkd

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 07:39:25 PM »
i have the ring hammer on my p-01!  the round style appealed to me more than the angular. really like the break (trigger drop) on the ring hammer over the stock p-01 hammer, it's personnal preference. can't go wrong with either one.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 07:46:20 PM by mkd »

Offline stater61

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 09:10:28 PM »
I have the 91000 hammer in 3 of my carry pistols and I really like them and the results I get from them. However there is a reallllly sharp corner on the spur and it digs into me a lot if I bend over any at all. I'm a little overweight and carry AIWB so it may not affect you much especially if you carry OWB.

I may take a dremel to them but just haven't done it yet. (apparently it must not be that bad) :)

Offline bm303

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 10:30:43 PM »
I have the 91000 hammer in 3 of my carry pistols and I really like them and the results I get from them. However there is a reallllly sharp corner on the spur and it digs into me a lot if I bend over any at all. I'm a little overweight and carry AIWB so it may not affect you much especially if you carry OWB.

I may take a dremel to them but just haven't done it yet. (apparently it must not be that bad) :)
I carry at 3:30 IWB. It shouldn't affect me, I am also underweight. Thanks for the input!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 10:36:40 PM by bm303 »

Offline The Guardian

• Always watching...
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2017, 11:19:52 PM »
Never had an issue with the race hammer snagging if that's your only/main concern......carry position and physique will be more an issue as with any carry gun.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them." — John Wayne as J.B. Books in "The Shootist" (1976)

Offline Indy_Tim

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 06:28:27 AM »
I have CZs configured with both and have never had an issue with the race hammer.  I have been going with the ring hammer on the latest builds but only because I like the looks of the ring hammer better.  Functionally, they've been identical for me.

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 08:09:38 AM »
I have CZs configured with both and have never had an issue with the race hammer.  I have been going with the ring hammer on the latest builds but only because I like the looks of the ring hammer better.  Functionally, they've been identical for me.

Funny, I've been doing the same as well.

anything