Author Topic: Rami vs P01  (Read 8736 times)

Offline Perseus

Rami vs P01
« on: November 09, 2017, 03:00:30 PM »
Has anyone done a pros and cons comparison between the Rami and the P01? If anyone has shot both, your thoughts are welcome.
CZ 75 SP 01 Shadow
CZ 75 SP 01
CZ 2075 RAMI

Offline christak

Re: Rami vs P01
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 04:29:41 PM »
I own a P-01 (and a 75B Omega Convertible), but not a RAMI... Was intending to get a RAMI, but could get past the small difference in weight between it and the P-01. Also found the RAMI to be uncomfortable. The ergonomics of it don't measure up to the P-01 and other 75B variants. It's too chunky for me. The 3-inch barrel was a negative for me too...I ended up buying a Walther P99c instead, which has a 3.5 inch barrel and is lighter than the RAMI. Well pleased with the P-01 and the P99c...

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 04:37:14 PM »
I own a P-01 (and a 75B Omega Convertible), but not a RAMI... Was intending to get a RAMI, but could get past the small difference in weight between it and the P-01. Also found the RAMI to be uncomfortable. The ergonomics of it don't measure up to the P-01 and other 75B variants. It's too chunky for me. The 3-inch barrel was a negative for me too...I ended up buying a Walther P99c instead, which has a 3.5 inch barrel and is lighter than the RAMI. Well pleased with the P-01 and the P99c...

This is such an individual issue.

The reasons above poster dis likes Rami are the reasons I like the Rami.

I have large hands and I like a fat grip.

But both are excellent guns.

The Rami is one of my three EDC guns right now. ( i rotate them in and out)

In no order:

Rami
P229 Elite
Sig Legion 357 Sig
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline Obiwan

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2017, 07:45:55 PM »
Both of you are lucky, you made up your minds already!  :)

After a couple years, I still can not decide if I like the PCR or RAMI better. Both are great guns. So I just use whichever I prefer that day.

Offline Montesf1030

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 09:40:53 PM »
Two different kind of guns for different usages ... I have both ... The P-01 is an amazing shooter .... The Rami is closer to a Glock 26 ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Hillbilly357

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 10:14:36 AM »
The Rami is a fine piece, however no question that the ergonomics of the P-01 are much better for me. I agree, the PCR may be the best fit.

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 10:48:49 AM »

They're all good, but I do like this combination. P-01...which I seem to shoot better than my PCR (go figure :-)....and the P99c. The trigger/reset on the P99c out of the box is just amazing, and the ergos just seem to fit me better than a Rami...but that's just me. As for the OP's question on P-01 vs Rami......shoot them both if you can.....if you can't, no worries......you'll probably end up with both eventually (and maybe a PCR to boot!).
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 07:03:34 PM by ernie_h »

Offline john seeley

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 03:07:04 PM »
For me, I couldn't decide between the P-01 and PCR. For me, it came down to availability. The first one that was available for sale was the one I bought which happened to be the PCR. Wasn't picky because they're all quality firearms.

Offline SaurianFire

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 05:35:57 PM »
For me, I couldn't decide between the P-01 and PCR. For me, it came down to availability. The first one that was available for sale was the one I bought which happened to be the PCR. Wasn't picky because they're all quality firearms.

Agreed. For me it was the P-01 and couldn't be happier. But now I understand why many eventually buy both and keep adding the differnet models. Many of us seem to think we need at least one of each. 8)   SP-01 or a Shadow 2 ???

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 10:40:59 PM »
I have two Compacts that are basically steel frame P-01's, and classic steel frame Compact, and now a Rami. While on paper the Rami isn't that much smaller, the smaller dimensions help it not to print as easily for me. It is thick, but I wanted a sub compact that pointed the same as my other CZ's. I've tried the Shield and Sig P-938 and I just didn't connect with them. I love my Rami! But it will all depend on preference and the way you carry.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 07:08:36 AM »
I own the PCR which is the same as the P-01 with no rail and I have fired the P-01 and Rami as well. I didn't buy the P-01 but do did buy the PCR and wouldn't trade it for anything. I found the Rami just too small in the grip for my liking.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 02:46:11 PM »
The RAMI has infringed on my PCR's carry rotation time.  It has really grown on me, shoots my favorite SD rounds accurately (147 gr HST) and being fairly heavy doesn't kick hard despite being pretty much a 2 finger grip, pinky tucked under affair.  Relatively new Remora holster works well IWB or in large size pocket.  Not a pocket gun per se' and likely not for those that require a full 3 finger grip.

Rami, PCR, Compact, PO1, Full Size CZ75B ...  you can't really go wrong!
 8)

Offline whynot

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2017, 09:14:14 PM »
Both of you are lucky, you made up your minds already!  :)

After a couple years, I still can not decide if I like the PCR or RAMI better. Both are great guns. So I just use whichever I prefer that day.

Perfect plan ;-)
No time like the present...

Offline 007_Bond

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 07:40:30 AM »

This is funny cuz I basically planned to do the same thing, but whichever one I found available first. I searched everywhere online and basically couldn?t find anything in stock. Then I was recommended a shop by CZ and called this shop... they had all 3 versions of the ?75 compacts? available, which made choosing much more difficult only cuz I had just discovered this pistol a couple days prio and didn?t even realize all the minor differences between them all. I decided on the PCR though.

With that said, I was able to find the RAMI in a store just prior to this. I did like it a good amount, but the 75ns are more comfortable.

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2017, 10:56:43 AM »
unfortunatly CZ's are not in abundance at the LGS because you should really heft them both. I dont have a rami but I handle the mold regularly and i find for me its a bit awkward. Its a chunky little sucker and I dont like that I cant get my pinky anywhere near on the grip. My CZ compact with rubber baseplate mags locks in my hand and points oh so naturally. Of course YMMV and some people love the Rami but in handling the mold a few dozen times Its definitely not for me.

anything