Author Topic: What's the fastest way to prime brass?  (Read 504 times)

Offline ReloaderFred

Re: What's the fastest way to prime brass?
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2017, 11:24:15 AM »
I have 8 Star lube/sizers,

Fred...

I don't know if I ever told you this...

but...

you're my hero!

Thanks, James.  In truth, I've got two of them loaned out to very good friends.  One of my Stars is what Magma calls the "commercial model" with a reservoir that holds three sticks of lube.  It's tall!! 

If you like the Stars, you'd really like my Magma Lube Master, with bullet collator.  That one will put out a lot of bullets, but the collator will give you gray hair trying to keep the bullets feeding nose first.  Every bullet that goes down the tube nose up means two bullets don't get lubed properly, the one upside down, and the next one.  Someday I swear, I'm going to shoot that collator........

Fred
After a shooting spree, they always want to take the guns away from the people who didn't do it. - William S. Burroughs

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2017, 10:56:44 PM »
Hmm. I've had zero issues priming 9mm with Fiocchi primers. I do have my press mounted to an ultramount though.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 08:47:35 PM »
I couldn't get rid of the press mounted arm fast enough, as soon as I got my Universal Hand Priming Tool from RCBS. I love it. I hated he press arm as slow and annoying, and the hand tool works great for me. Only difficulties I have is doing military brass I've swaged out - sometimes I have to double swage for the primers to go in, but by gun they are staying in there! :D

Offline FireMoose

« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2017, 03:24:01 AM »
Up until now i always primed on my Lee chalenger classic. I recently wanted to get away from the bench so invested in the RCBS universal hand primer. What a delight. Young hands primed around 1k 223 cases felt some rubbing on finger sides near the front knuckle but no blisted deveolped. Each primer went in smoothly and if it didn't it got sent to the swage bin. Its going to be a great addition.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2017, 08:37:39 AM »
I think my friend has the rcbs universal hand priming tool. I may have to borrow it and give it a try before making a purchase.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)