Author Topic: I Hope I'm Not To Be Disappointed...(CZ 75B New Edition)  (Read 759 times)

Offline BisonWorld

Re: I Hope I'm Not To Be Disappointed...(CZ 75B New Edition)
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2017, 10:57:19 PM »
It's completely normal - that's just how completely un-finished, as-cast stainless looks on these guns. They don't do any sort of metal prep or finishing at all on the inside the stainless models that they don't bead blast. NOT rust.

The reason the matte stainless guns don't look like this inside is because when they bead blast to give the matte finish - they do the entire gun inside and out which removes the unfinished "scale" you're seeing.

Listen to this guy, and ignore the rest of the comments.

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2017, 11:01:27 PM »
It's completely normal - that's just how completely un-finished, as-cast stainless looks on these guns. They don't do any sort of metal prep or finishing at all on the inside the stainless models that they don't bead blast. NOT rust.

The reason the matte stainless guns don't look like this inside is because when they bead blast to give the matte finish - they do the entire gun inside and out which removes the unfinished "scale" you're seeing.

Listen to this guy, and ignore the rest of the comments.
LOL Actually, I took it out and magnified everything. The parts I thought were actual rust are just darker than the other "stained" parts. Pictures somewhat exaggerate it. The magnifier really helped. I'll take it out and shoot it tomorrow and relax, but remain vigilant (out of all the pistols I've owned I've never seen this before so it was alarming).

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 11:40:17 AM by Meechy7648 »

Offline USMCZ

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2017, 09:54:56 AM »

Not sure if it will satisfy you completely...but my same model pistol looks just like yours and it isn't rust.
USMC Rules For Gun Fighting:

24. Be polite. Be professional. But have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2017, 11:50:50 AM »

Not sure if it will satisfy you completely...but my same model pistol looks just like yours and it isn't rust.
Thanks for that. That's what I would have expected since the inner slide and frame are in an unpolished state.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

anything