Author Topic: I Hope I'm Not To Be Disappointed...(CZ 75B New Edition)  (Read 4148 times)

Offline Meechy7648

I Hope I'm Not To Be Disappointed...(CZ 75B New Edition)
« on: November 10, 2017, 11:55:45 PM »
So, for the last 2 years or so I'm been jonesing for the 75B New Edition Stainless.  I finally found one.  Brought it home, took her down to clean 'er up and I see what looks to be rust.  I've never seen this interior "finish" in any of the CZ pistols I've owned (or saw), but since I've never seen this model except in pictures I'm going to stay calm until I talk to the LGS I bought it from and CZ-USA. My Matte Stainless that I owned was flawless inside; I don't see why this would be an exception.  I'm going to follow up either way it goes, but look at these pics and tell me what you think...?

« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 12:02:57 AM by Meechy7648 »

Offline Meechy7648

Re: I Hope I'm Not To Be Disappointed...
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 12:01:58 AM »
By the way, the exterior finish is flawless. 

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Re: I Hope I'm Not To Be Disappointed...(CZ 75B New Edition)
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 01:24:53 AM »
On the polycoat CZ's there's a phosphate layer underneath the polycoat that can be green, red, and a brownish red that can look like rust. BUT... Yours is the stainless version so I would definitely follow up and see what's going on.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 01:30:28 AM »
On the polycoat CZ's there's a phosphate layer underneath the polycoat that can be green, red, and a brownish red that can look like rust. BUT... Yours is the stainless version so I would definitely follow up and see what's going on.
I was thinking about the phosphate too, especially seeing how someone etched "98" inside. However, near the sear cage and around the rim at points, it looks like rust.

Sent from my MHA-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 01:33:39 AM »
I was thinking about the phosphate too, especially seeing how someone etched "98" inside. However, near the sear cage and around the rim at points, it looks like rust.

Yeah... The "98" etching is something I haven't seen before. I'm not like the guys at CGW or CZ Custom who sees untold numbers of CZ's though, and they might have seen this. Either way, I'd definitely call CZ or take it to your shop where you got it. CZ will take care of you either way.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 01:37:35 AM »

Yeah... The "98" etching is something I haven't seen before. I'm not like the guys at CGW or CZ Custom who sees untold numbers of CZ's though, and they might have seen this. Either way, I'd definitely call CZ or take it to your shop where you got it. CZ will take care of you either way.

I'll try to take it back to the shop tomorrow.  I will call CZ (if necessary) Monday morning.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 01:44:01 AM »
I opened this on the app rather than my phones browser and I could zoom in. No doubt, that looks like rust. Especially up by the trigger return spring. They'll get you a new pistol. Too, that is beautiful of the outside! Soon you'll have one that is beautiful inside and out!

Offline afultz075

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 09:28:27 AM »
It's completely normal - that's just how completely un-finished, as-cast stainless looks on these guns. They don't do any sort of metal prep or finishing at all on the inside the stainless models that they don't bead blast. NOT rust.

The reason the matte stainless guns don't look like this inside is because when they bead blast to give the matte finish - they do the entire gun inside and out which removes the unfinished "scale" you're seeing.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 04:52:34 PM »
If it was mine, I'd pull it apart, take some gun oil and 0000 steel wool and do a little "rubbing".  I'll bet the "color" will go away.

I bought a new Colt 1911 Series 80 in stainless steel several (many??) years ago.  I brought it home, tore it apart (found out the series 80 has some small parts the earlier ones don't) and cleaned/lubed it and put it back together.  Came home from work a week or so later and pulled it out of the case it was about as "orange" as a pumpkin.  Man, was I pissed.  I mean speckled orange top to bottom, side to side and front to back.

I got out the 3n1 oil, the 0000 steel wool and did some light rubbing.  The orange was gone.  I wiped it down with the same oily rag I wipe all my guns down with and it never happened again.  I have no idea why it happened that once.  No reason I could figure for it.  I just know what cleaned it up and took care of it.

Not sure what 0000 steel wool might do to a polished surface, but it never affected the matte finish on the Colt.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 09:33:01 PM »
You guys are most helpful - thank you. I'll talk to CZ on Monday, just for the "last word", but I'm satisfied that it's supposed to be this way (except for the one part that REALLY looks like rust).

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2017, 04:54:16 AM »
I have a New Edition that has a few of what looks like ?burnt copper/bronze? smear marks inside the frame. I don?t have access to it right now to look inside but off the top of my head, I think they were mostly along the rails. They don?t ?rub off? and the pistol has been flawless over the past three years and shoots very nicely with the only changes being lighter main spring and extended firing pin.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2017, 07:21:05 AM »
When I've seen corrosion (rust) on stainless steel parts it's not that usual rusty red/brown color with scale and bubbles built up in areas (if you're old enough to remember the 73 through 88 Chevy pickups and Blazers, you know what I'm talking about).  It's usually sort of an off white color and small pits, or small areas of small pits.  When you clean it off, the small pits will still be there, if you look closely, but you wont' normally see it if it was caught pretty quick after it started.

I've read a lot of stuff, over the years, on the internet that didn't work that way for me.  For example:

Never sharpen a stainless knife blade with the same stone used for a carbon steel knife blade because the carbon steel metal particles left on the stone will embed themselves in the stainless blade and rust.  Nope, never happened to me.  I use the same Lansky knife sharpening set for every knife I've ever sharpened, carbon steel or stainless.  No issues in almost 40 years.

Don't use steel wool on stainless handguns because the little steel particles from the steel wool will become imbedded in the surface of the stainless gun and rust.  That hasn't happened to me either.  That Colt 1911 I mentioned earlier is still just as pretty as it was almost 20 years ago when I bought it.

Other people may have had different experiences.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline beanz2

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2017, 11:20:53 AM »
That is so good looking, it makes me want another 75B.  Is it the model 91128?  Or does it have another model number?

Offline Meechy7648

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 02:14:05 PM »
That is so good looking, it makes me want another 75B.  Is it the model 91128?  Or does it have another model number?
Yes, it's model # 91128. They're very hard to find. It took my 2 yrs.

Offline BisonWorld

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 10:57:19 PM »
It's completely normal - that's just how completely un-finished, as-cast stainless looks on these guns. They don't do any sort of metal prep or finishing at all on the inside the stainless models that they don't bead blast. NOT rust.

The reason the matte stainless guns don't look like this inside is because when they bead blast to give the matte finish - they do the entire gun inside and out which removes the unfinished "scale" you're seeing.

Listen to this guy, and ignore the rest of the comments.

anything