Author Topic: 2017 Guns & Ammo Handgun Of The Year  (Read 791 times)

Offline cremaley

2017 Guns & Ammo Handgun Of The Year
« on: November 11, 2017, 08:41:37 AM »
Just picked up the December issue of Guns & Ammo and saw where they selected the CZ P-10 C as their handgun of the year for 2017. The article states "Due the the number of new pistols introduced 2017, no category was more difficult to judge this year than G&A's Handgun of the Year. After thousands of rounds were fired through several examples of each, the CZ P-10 C took G&A's top honor. CZ did what no other company had the courage to do, at the time, design a pistol with similar proportions to the successful Glock 19. The P-10 proved just as accurate and still improved on the G19's handling with excellent grip texture, contours, and a better trigger press. Best of all, we found the retail pricing starts at $500, which is about $100 to $200 less than a new Glock Gen4 or Gen5 model". Even with some of the early issues with the CZ P-10 C, it looks like they produced a winner. At least Guns & Ammo thinks so.
CZ 10-PC 9mm
Springfield XDE 9mm
Colt Cobra 38 Spl+P

Offline Oldhammerdude

Re: 2017 Guns & Ammo Handgun Of The Year
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 10:04:56 AM »
Just picked up the December issue of Guns & Ammo and saw where they selected the CZ P-10 C as their handgun of the year for 2017. The article states "Due the the number of new pistols introduced 2017, no category was more difficult to judge this year than G&A's Handgun of the Year. After thousands of rounds were fired through several examples of each, the CZ P-10 C took G&A's top honor. CZ did what no other company had the courage to do, at the time, design a pistol with similar proportions to the successful Glock 19. The P-10 proved just as accurate and still improved on the G19's handling with excellent grip texture, contours, and a better trigger press. Best of all, we found the retail pricing starts at $500, which is about $100 to $200 less than a new Glock Gen4 or Gen5 model". Even with some of the early issues with the CZ P-10 C, it looks like they produced a winner. At least Guns & Ammo thinks so.

Remember one of the first vids on Youtube on the p10c was from a user named (MAC). In the first part of the vid he says he in in the Czech republic with Guns and Ammo staff (Youtube published Nov 24 2016  00:40 seconds into the vid).  This whole G&A thing is Laughable.
Some years ago the Gun mags were also known as Rags Full of Gun Whores. Glowing praise about whatever model was in front of them that month.     They of course are entitled to their opinion,    But we know what those are worth.
 As to the "Early Issues", Seems there is no Early or Late with this one.. The reports of problems keep spreading around the Web like a wildfire through the under brush.  Hopefully CZ can fix the defective samples coming out into the open. But they will need those Rare updated spare parts.

Happy Shootin to All.
Tap-Rack-Oh Crap

Offline flattusmaximus78

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 10:30:45 AM »

Remember one of the first vids on Youtube on the p10c was from a user named (MAC). In the first part of the vid he says he in in the Czech republic with Guns and Ammo staff (Youtube published Nov 24 2016  00:40 seconds into the vid).  This whole G&A thing is Laughable.
Some years ago the Gun mags were also known as Rags Full of Gun Whores. Glowing praise about whatever model was in front of them that month.     They of course are entitled to their opinion,    But we know what those are worth.
 As to the "Early Issues", Seems there is no Early or Late with this one.. The reports of problems keep spreading around the Web like a wildfire through the under brush.  Hopefully CZ can fix the defective samples coming out into the open. But they will need those Rare updated spare parts.

Happy Shootin to All.
Keep in mind with the early/late deal, some of the first batches are just getting to certain areas. I've seen two in Orlando since they were introduced and have since bought both. Both guns could end up being older guns made months ago and just making their way to the stores now. So if the first batches were problematic, it would be a while before they were filtered out.

Online s0nspark

• Administrator
  • Talk is cheap!
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 10:58:51 AM »
First runs of anything new tend to have issues. That is normal.

What matters is how and how quickly they are addressed.
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline Jigo23

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2017, 11:37:14 AM »
Wow, surprises me. I’m a big CZ fan, bought my first in Feb this year (P-07) and have added 5 more to the CZ family already. Had a P-10 for a short while and was very underwhelmed. Didn’t really care for it and sold it.  Different strokes I reckon. Will have to see what they based it on but if I had gotten a free trip to the factory in the Czech Republic, I would say it’s the handgun of the year too :). I don’t put much stock in that “award” tho, always seems like maybe the skids were greased a little behind the scenes. Love every other CZ I have tho, so if that brings others to discover other fine  CZ  guns then kudos to them. Just hope if someone buys their first CZ based on that award, they won’t disregard other models if they aren’t thrilled

Offline ranastas

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2017, 11:37:30 AM »
I have 2 now, excellent pistols. And I  have to say I agree with all the points in the article. We are talking about an out of the box sttiker fired gun.  I have two custom glocks that I have more money tied up in than I comfortable saying, and the p10 stacks up very formidably.

Sent from my LG-TP260 using Tapatalk

Offline cremaley

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2017, 01:18:25 PM »
Wow! Did not realize how many CZ haters are members of this forum. The P-10 is my first CZ and even though I have had some issues I am not ready to throw them under the bus like some of you and trust me you know who you are.  It seems on every gun forum there's the "glass half empty" crowd who love nothing more than to rain on someones parade.
CZ 10-PC 9mm
Springfield XDE 9mm
Colt Cobra 38 Spl+P

Offline wyoung

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 03:48:15 PM »
I don't see "problems spreading like wildfire." That's just silly. Problems that are being corrected like any other brand's next-gen not excluding Glock.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 04:29:07 PM »
Wow! Did not realize how many CZ haters are members of this forum. The P-10 is my first CZ and even though I have had some issues I am not ready to throw them under the bus like some of you and trust me you know who you are.  It seems on every gun forum there's the "glass half empty" crowd who love nothing more than to rain on someones parade.
I don't think they're haters, I think they're just roaming agitators coming from another forum.
 You know kind of like Dodge people not liking Ford people in Ford people not liking Dodge people same thing.
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline jimjc

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2017, 05:31:37 PM »
Glock fan boys have taken the P10c hard because it is directly up against Glocks meat and potatoes the 19. I've owned Glocks ( past tense ) all gone....and the p10 is a superior gun and this is just the first P10 so I'm excited to see whats coming.

CZ will have the introduction problems worked out soon, I'm hoping to see a sub compact sooner than later. CZ is a  good company that builds good guns.

Look out for the Glock fan boys they are everywhere trashing everything that isn't a Glock

CZ is a real gun company like S&W, Ruger etc. etc. etc that makes all different types guns and rifles, Glock makes one gun and it's been doing it for 25+ years, you'd think they would have got it right by now since it has never changed but they haven't so Glock will sit making what they have for decades while everyone passes them up with innovation and better quality guns.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2017, 06:09:36 PM »

CZ is a real gun company like S&W, Ruger etc. etc. etc that makes all different types guns and rifles, Glock makes one gun and it's been doing it for 25+ years, you'd think they would have got it right by now since it has never changed but they haven't so Glock will sit making what they have for decades while everyone passes them up with innovation and better quality guns.
+++ Real gun company.

You also have the “new to CZ in the past six months” because of the P10C and it’s their only CZ, so it’s also their sole experience with the brand. Unfortunately, if they have a negative one, then they narrowly focus on the negative views and tales of woe.

Online s0nspark

• Administrator
  • Talk is cheap!
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2017, 07:18:48 PM »
I’ve owned problem pistols from every major manufacturer and I can say that not all companies stand behind their products like CZ USA does. There is a lot of finger pointing (back at the customer), passing the buck or just ignoring the problem.

In my experience CZ USA makes things right if you have trouble with your gun. What more could you ask for?
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2017, 10:00:23 PM »
One comment removed due to way out of bounds comment - this is NOT Arfdotcom!
We encourage free flow of ideas and commentary, not personal attacks or snark. Now, having said that...

jimjc, that IS an interesting point - Glock makes pistols, shovels and knives, nothing else. I would love to see what Glocks' version of a military select fire assault rifle would look like, would probably be very interesting. A Glock submachine gun would also be quite interesting, and they, of course, don't touch the wood and steel market at all, but there is nothing wrong with that. I qualify with the Glock every year, (17s, this year, 246 out of 250, full disclosure), and they are generally well made, solid reliable pistols. I have also had three of them fail either in my hand or right in front of me. It happens.
Comparing the P-10C to the Glock 19s I normally an issued, to ME, the P-10C wins hands down on the way it fits me, and how well I can shoot it. It has become my EDC after going through well over 1,000 rounds, (one of these days I have to start a round count log on new guns...), with one FTF attributable to my over long reload.
Now I do have to say I got rid of one pistol that I absolutely could not shoot, no matter what, could NOT hit the target well at all...and everyone else wh picked the gun up had no issues. Nope, not a CZ - Astra A-90 in 45ACP. Great pistol, but it flat out hated me. The ungrateful little bugger went down to someone who I hope never oiled it!  ::) :o ;D 8)
The P-10c is having some issues, no doubt about that, and while I seriously doubt the "spreading like wildfire", (ever fought a fire? I have - fire spreads faster than you can run, gah), I do see that there are some issues that need to be address, and ARE being addressed. Note the nice reviews from MAC - he owns his own gun shop, and most times he buys the guns he tests before he tests them. BTW, he is a CZ guy, carries a P-01.
I have heard from CZ-USA that problems are being addressed, and I have to go along with that, and still stand by that while some guns are having issues, my example of one is doing just fine, and other individual examples of one are also doing just fine.
BTW, I got to be the example of one bad apple more than once, usually with off brand stuff - ever fired a Tec-22?  :o Don't....

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2017, 07:22:07 AM »
I’ve owned problem pistols from every major manufacturer and I can say that not all companies stand behind their products like CZ USA does. There is a lot of finger pointing (back at the customer), passing the buck or just ignoring the problem.

In my experience CZ USA makes things right if you have trouble with your gun. What more could you ask for?

Some people just can help themselves and whine on no matter what. I've had many problem guns from many manufacturers as well and while I've only needed CZ service 2 times they fixed my issue on the first attempt both times which is more than I can say for anyone else.
CZ will work out the bugs and these P10's will be the new gold standard soon.

Offline Oldhammerdude

« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2017, 09:35:42 AM »
Has anyone here ever seen a car crabwalking down the road while the driver is Blindly smiling away? While they are totally oblivious to the fact that the inner axle retainer clip just let go?
 I feel that this forum is just a place for the Blindly smiling crowd to hang out.  And if I honk my horn to much for your liking, just know I really am meaning no harm by doing so.
 One thing I find really weird is the number of reply comments that Imply if you say Anything at all  against the brand or a model thereof, then somehow you Must be a loyal follower of another brand. Which I am Not.    I have many flavors of the pow pows, but not glocks.
 As to Arfcom. Yes I was a member long ago, back at one of the first meltdowns of their server setup. Left there because some of the same ridicule for just trying to help bring things to light that some found strangely offensive was not worth honking the horn about.
 Honestly I've only tried to Help by pointing out what I saw from an almost third person POV. Almost in regards to the fact I do have a P10c that has acted up. And sometimes it Is a benefit to all when an extra set of eyes Chimes in. I guess this is not the Case around here.
 Lots of luck to the sideways drivers!

Tap-Rack-Oh Crap

anything