Author Topic: Pistol Bench Rest  (Read 217 times)

Offline Photobill

Pistol Bench Rest
« on: November 11, 2017, 09:05:16 PM »
Looking for a solid bench rest to use to zero in my red dot sight on my PCR.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Re: Pistol Bench Rest
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 10:01:17 PM »
Following along
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline skin

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2017, 11:18:03 PM »
 I use a bench setup that I use to use shooting Prarie dogs. It is two pieces of 3/4 inch plywood cut and glued together. A heart rifle rest and a flat bag for the rear. Table uses 3 2 inch pipes for legs. Real sturdy and portable.

Offline Joe L

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 08:56:57 AM »
I tend to do this a little differently than most people, but it works for me, for a bullseye gun and for demonstration at 100 yards.  I use a 4x4 section of wood and a folded rag for a wrist rest and don't put anything under the barrel shroud.  Then I make sure my elbows are resting on the table and that I am seated.  I use a two handed hold.  The closest thing I have in size to a PCR is a P-07 and that is what is featured in the video below. 

You could do the same thing at 25 yards with the PCR, then stand up and shoot it the way you normally would to check your results.  The group will move slightly from the seated position.

The video was done starting with a perfect for me 25 yard single hand grip bullseye target zero.  At 100 yards, I just hold around 10" over and in to the wind.  I missed it slightly in the group location but it was windy and this was the last rounds for the day.  I've shot 3-6" groups at 100 yards using the wrist rest, but these guns have 3-3.5 lb triggers, not sure what your PCR has or how steady you can hold from a wrist rest.  I never had much luck with a dust cover rest because I always was pressuring the rest instead of just moving the gun to get the dot lined up. 

I've also shot 7" at 200 yards with a P-09 using the same sight, ammo, and technique, so I am afraid to make any changes.  I do have a Caldwell plastic rest that I've reinforced and have tried it but always gone back to what seems to work best for me, which is a wrist rest. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

anything