Author Topic: American Reloading Mixed Bag 10mm  (Read 187 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

American Reloading Mixed Bag 10mm
« on: November 12, 2017, 10:49:21 AM »
I order 2 bags of 500 mixed 10mm bullets from American Reloading. Total cost was $68 so I figured to give it a try.

I didn't count each type of bullet, it was taking enough time sorting them by weight and type. But here's a picture of the bullets I got, sorted most to least left to right.
1) 180 gr HP
2) 155 gr FN Leatherhead coated
3) 115 gr frangible
4) 180 gr FMJ
5) 124 gr RNFP frangible
6) 155 gr FMJ
7) 146 gr FP FMJ 0.355 diameter

At first I wasn't too excited that this mixed bag had a bunch of frangible bullets. I'm not shooting steel competitions... But then I went and started watching videos and reading about them. They dump so much energy so quickly that I have no other options than some watermelons and other "soft" targets. This will make long range 10mm target practice entertaining!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

"In God I trust. All others must supply data."
"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
1) CZ 75 Compact Classic - 9mm
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm
3) "SP-01 Compact" (CZ 75 Compact)

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
Re: American Reloading Mixed Bag 10mm
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 08:03:58 AM »
That reminds me... I have to get back to my 10mm reloading project !
In God we trust; On 'starting load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong ?

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 09:24:56 AM »
Loaded a work up last night with 29 cartridges with the 180 gr fmj's. 1.26 OAL and 9.5 gr of Longshot. The load data shows the pressure well below max so my plan is to shoot these, have some fun, get some practice in, and then increment up another batch with 9.6 to 9.8 grains. That is above the max published load data, but the max published load is below max pressure. I'll have to carefully inspect for pressure signs.

"I respect that the choice of pistols is very personal. Although, if someone is devoid at least one CZ, they've chosen the wrong pistols"  - Scarlett Pistol
2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm

Offline FN in MT

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 12:31:25 PM »
    My 10mm loading project has been put on hold the past month or so. I need to get going on it.

DID score 300 rds of once fire Starline brass at a local gun show last week for $40. So did make some progress THERE.

The spare Dillon 550 is set up , ready to roll. Just need to get a Range day so I can set up the crono and get some targets shot.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2017, 01:08:33 PM »
I feel ya. Have my loads ready but having to refinish the bathroom my 4 yr old flooded has eaten away my spare time... Hopefully I can  crank out some tests of more of these rounds I'm the next few weeks.

2) CZ SP-01 - 9mm

anything