Author Topic: My First STI???wow!  (Read 2201 times)

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
My First STI???wow!
« on: November 13, 2017, 04:03:55 PM »
Over the weekend my STI 2011 DVC OPEN 5.0 arrived.

I am a huge CZ fan and an equally big SIG fan. 

I only put about 100 rounds through this pistol, range Ammo.

I am reservedly staying that this may be one of the best, most accurate, smooth shooting pistols I have ever shot. 

At the risk of alienating fellow CZ?ers, it may beat my Czechmate!!!

I?ll need to put a few hundred more down range to fully form an opinion.

I was shooting golf ball sized groups at 20 yards out of the box with this beast.

Next to no recoil, sounded like a bazooka when shot!!!!!

SI VIS PACEM
PARA BELLUM
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 05:25:43 PM by Evolve13 »
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
Re: My First STI???wow!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 04:16:59 PM »
We saw an STI in .40 S&W at the gun show yesterday.  I don't know what "model" it was but it was much more conventional looking than yours.  No compensator, no sight base/mount, just had a rail under the front of the frame.  $2800.  My son said he could buy a SCAR in .223 for that kind of money.

For that kind of money, it better shoot good. 

Sounds like you've already found loads that shoot good in yours, too.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline The Conservative

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 07:00:46 PM »
Really nice, would love to have one, but my budget wont allow it.  I wouldn't worry about alienating CZ fans, they are a pretty open minded group and wouldn't be surprised if many migrated over from 1911s as I did.  STI specializes in race guns, something they do very well.  I think you would be hard pressed to find a load it didn't shoot well.  Now I really need to look away while I have access to my credit cards. 
“The projectiles need to go where they will make the guy leak the quickest.  Your goal is to depressurize the circulatory system – let air in, let fluid out. Bonus points for any other disruptions, but don’t count on them.”   Pat Rogers

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 10:25:52 PM »
Great shooting!  The holes you shot in the rug there are almost in a perfect grid pattern!

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 11:57:05 PM »
We saw an STI in .40 S&W at the gun show yesterday.  I don't know what "model" it was but it was much more conventional looking than yours.  No compensator, no sight base/mount, just had a rail under the front of the frame.  $2800.  My son said he could buy a SCAR in .223 for that kind of money.

For that kind of money, it better shoot good. 

Sounds like you've already found loads that shoot good in yours, too.

They are used primarily in Limited and Open Class competition.
Evolve's is an Open class pistol with the comp. and shoots 170 +/- a little (power factor loads).  (bullet weight X bullet speed / 1000) 
M1A,  The one you likely saw was the type used in Limited class with similar hot loads but no comp..

My shooting practice bud has the 40 cal. Limited Class version and it's amazingly easy to shoot  fast and "accurately".
They often 'need' tuning for mag. fit  and reliable feeding.  They are "tight".

Offline 3-gun

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2017, 12:09:40 AM »
i ordered a CZ75 SA from the custom shop with everything for $1200. You would be hard pressed to find a used STI with 1 mag for that.
Don't get me wrong, if you are going to shoot open or limited, STI/SV is the only way to play. They are great guns

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2017, 12:13:36 PM »
i ordered a CZ75 SA from the custom shop with everything for $1200. You would be hard pressed to find a used STI with 1 mag for that.
Don't get me wrong, if you are going to shoot open or limited, STI/SV is the only way to play. They are great guns

I agree, I love my 75 custom as well.

But this STI is next level stuff.

Just got back from range and at 20 yards I was killing it.

My intention is to start shooting in the competitions.  I need all the help from the gun i can get!!

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2017, 12:23:43 PM »
75 Custom isn't really the right comparison to an STI though. It'd be a TSO or CTS or even a Czechmate in limited config.

The Guardian

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2017, 11:36:21 PM »
I've had a couple STI's.......really nice, quality firearms!  Couldn't agree with you more on how they perform.....

Offline ClangClang

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2017, 06:12:08 PM »

Tell that to Ben Stoeger, Bob Vogel, Shane Foley, and BJ Norris (all have won Nationals shooting either Tanfoglio or Glocks).  Vogel shoots his Glocks completely stock other than a "minus" connector.

It's the Indian, not the arrow.

Offline The Conservative

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2017, 07:23:32 PM »

Tell that to Ben Stoeger, Bob Vogel, Shane Foley, and BJ Norris (all have won Nationals shooting either Tanfoglio or Glocks).  Vogel shoots his Glocks completely stock other than a "minus" connector.

It's the Indian, not the arrow.

The STI can't shoot production, its an open gun.
“The projectiles need to go where they will make the guy leak the quickest.  Your goal is to depressurize the circulatory system – let air in, let fluid out. Bonus points for any other disruptions, but don’t count on them.”   Pat Rogers

Offline Joe L

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 06:42:30 AM »
I never saw an STI that I didn't like!  But I'm partial to guns built in Texas, as well as in Louisiana and the Czech Republic.   :) :)

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline tattooo

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 11:23:33 AM »
She's a beauty.....congrats

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2017, 01:01:12 AM »
So I?ve since put about 500 more rounds down this beauty and it?s still amazing. 

Yesterday I brought it and my Czechmate for a heads up range day. 

10 yards then all in between straight up to 25 yards and then some multi target shooting as well. 

I have to give the slight edge to the Czechmate. 

At least for me it was smoother and a better shooter. 

Just by a hair though.

Most every aspect save for the trigger were remarkably close. 

The Czechmate really has an edge in the trigger department. 

Once you get accustomed to it, the Czechmate trigger is possibly the best out of the box trigger I?ve shot. 

Offline 2morechains

« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2017, 01:05:35 AM »
Very nice Open gun!  I have a few USPSA shooting buddies that run the STI DVC Open gun and they really like theirs. At most USPSA matches that I go to 2011?s are pretty common among Open and Limited division shooters, either factory guns from STI or custom guns built on a 2011 frame. STI?s patent on the 2011 frame expired several years ago and once that happened other companies started making their own frame (Pheonix-Trinity and CK Arms for example). My first 2011 was a stock STI Eagle in .40.  A couple years later I had a 6? .40 built on a 2011 frame for Limited division. My 3-gun pistol is a 2011 in 9mm. Having been a fan of the 1911 (I also shoot Single Stack) ever since I was a kid, I can appreciate a more ?modern? and hi-cap iteration of the timeless design.   

anything