Author Topic: Stainless VS Carbon ( ?) Steel?  (Read 651 times)

Offline redlightrich

Stainless VS Carbon ( ?) Steel?
« on: November 14, 2017, 08:06:09 AM »
Hello all, if I misspoke about the black gun steel please feel free to correct me. Does anyone have experience with both stainless CZ's and the Black Polycoat 75 series pistols in regards to "breaking in".

I have 3 currently, 2 black, and one stainless. I was wondering if the stainless hammer was more resistant to mating well with the sear than a black hammer?

I have one gun, that eventually smoothed out very nicely, and the camming, while still there is less pronounced. With a polish, CGW RP TRS and a 17# Mainspring, I have a very clean 3# trigger. Just perfect for me!!

With my stainless gun, I can actually pull the trigger and watch the hammer cam back quite a good distance, without dropping the hammer. I can repeat this dozens of times without actually dropping the hammer. I can also balance the hammer at the exact point before it drops. I can then release the trigger, and watch the hammer drop to fully cocked.

The pull is a little over 5#. It did smooth a bit, but pull still exceeds 5#

This gun is still a baby, with less than 700 rounds thru it. And yes, it did smooth out quite a bit already, my question is did anyone notice a difference in break in between black and stainless guns?
Most of the parts between the 2 are identical, with the only difference being the hammer, and the side of the frame that the trigger bar rubs against. Other that that, the lockwork is the exact same. Same sear for black and stainless.

What say ye? Same or different break in for stainless vs black?

Thanks for your input

Rich

Offline SlvrDragon50

Re: Stainless VS Carbon ( ?) Steel?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2017, 12:25:44 PM »
It's trigger creep. Sometimes you get a good hammer, sometimes you don't. Sounds like that gun doesn't. Upgrade to a CGW hammer.