Author Topic: Giving the Scorpion a second try, brace opinions wanted  (Read 3373 times)

Offline fullmetal1911

Giving the Scorpion a second try, brace opinions wanted
« on: November 17, 2017, 05:34:15 PM »
Had a CZ scorpion when they first came out. Lost my job and needed cash so I let it go. In the intervening years I really didn't have much interest in a sub-gun/PDW since I have an AR-15 SBR w/11.5" barrel. Recently I found myself looking really hard at the available options. After narrowing it down to a MKE MP5 clone, Sig MPX and CZ Scorpion I made the call on the Scorpion today. Mostly it was a cost factor, as either other option would have had me over $2k deep into it after installing a brace and buying enough mags to get me above 10 total ($60/mag for the Sig MPX is freaking nuts)

I'm about to order a few parts including a right side safety delete & paddle style mag release from HBI, a Yeti Wurks grip, but I'm unsure of what brace to go with. (Also, as soon as the gun arrives I'll be sending it to Shooter's Element for a new trigger shoe, springs and a full trigger polish. )

Two questions. Is there anything else, aside from additional mags, that I didn't list above that I should consider ordering? What brace would those that have them recommend? I had a first gen Sig brace with pistol buffer tube adapter on my original Scorpion, but this time I'm looking at the folding SB Tactical brace or the tailhook brace kit that Yeti Wurks has listed on their website. $50 difference in price is pretty negligible to me as I'm still coming in nearly $1000 under what I would have spent on the other guns I was considering. They both look nice when installed, the SB Tactical folding solution seems better since the Tailhook kit doesn't have the magnet to keep it folded correctly. The Tailhook solution looks better in that because it uses a portion of the factory folding stock the cheek weld should be more comfortable.

Any suggestions?

Offline rcbif

Re: Giving the Scorpion a second try, brace opinions wanted
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 09:44:05 PM »
My Factory folder mechanism is still fairly new, but it has enough resistance where it does not flop around. It's not an issue to me at this point. I'm guessing after being used it will eventually loos some of that resistance.

Offline fisterkev

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 11:14:47 PM »
I've got a tailhook and absolutely love it. It's very solid and gives a good cheek weld. If the tailhook happens to make incidental contact with your shoulder it feels and acts just as solid as a stock. It's expensive but well worth the cost to me. As for the folding mechanism, mine does have a little play in it (not much, but some), but that's not an issue to me as I'm only folding it for transport.

Offline Chaucer22

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2017, 11:54:27 AM »
+1 for the Gearhead Works tailhook. Love mine. I originally had a KAK blade but the tailhook blows it out of the water. A mucg more solid feeling system. Simple, clean, and rigid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Offline sboone

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2017, 01:51:40 PM »
Entire stock/Tailhook assembly at CZ for $140.  Seems like a hell of a deal to me.

https://shop.cz-usa.com/ProductDetail/40019_Scorpion-Evo-Folding-Tailhook

I would have gone this route if I hadn?t already dropped $70 on a shockwave setup when I found it

Offline AZGlock21

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2017, 02:04:39 PM »
I am another one who had a KAK Blade on my scorpion waiting for the Tailhook with FDE check piece to become available. I now have the GHW Tailhook and it blows the KAK away.

Offline sboone

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2017, 04:50:07 PM »
I am another one who had a KAK Blade on my scorpion waiting for the Tailhook with FDE check piece to become available. I now have the GHW Tailhook and it blows the KAK away.

May have to look into it for Black Friday

Offline Montesf1030

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2017, 06:24:45 PM »
My have the folding SB Tactical ... Feels good and makes it a really compact option

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2017, 10:23:23 PM »
Entire stock/Tailhook assembly at CZ for $140.  Seems like a hell of a deal to me.

I would have gone this route if I hadn?t already dropped $70 on a shockwave setup when I found it
That seems too good to be true. Ordered one. Hopefully it really does come with everything.

Offline Fate

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2017, 11:43:55 PM »
Love my Tailhook on OEM cheek rest.

Offline rcbif

« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2017, 09:10:15 AM »

That seems too good to be true. Ordered one. Hopefully it really does come with everything.

Bad description. Does not come with the tailhook itself. The tailhook is $115 alone....

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2017, 09:30:16 AM »

Bad description. Does not come with the tailhook itself. The tailhook is $115 alone....

It looks like they took that page down.
I screenshotted the page to send to someone and just happened to have it saved on my phone.
Looks pretty clear that it comes with the tailhook. They have 3 pictures on that page and one of them is just the tailhook itself.

wags68

« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2017, 03:06:14 PM »
Looks like the page is back up, but the sale price is now showing $239.

Offline sboone

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 06:24:28 PM »
What?s sad isn?t is  posted this and I never even bought one lol, maybe Black Friday rolls around I?ve  got an ace in the hole if it works

Offline Spectre

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 10:59:43 PM »
The CZ Evo was worth buying due to a Gear Head Works brace. Good Stuff. ;)

anything