Author Topic: Just finished my VZ-58 build  (Read 3964 times)

Offline Bigdude

Just finished my VZ-58 build
« on: November 20, 2017, 04:41:06 PM »
I have been working on this build for some time. The last component was very difficult to find, the NEA handgaurd set. I don't think I will make anymore modifications to it, except for the trigger.

-D-Technik Receiver
-Aimpoint micro H-1
-Bonesteel Arms Upper Handguard
-NEA Lower Handguard with 2" Rail Segment
-StormWerkz Stock Adapter Type 2
-PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube
-Daniel Defense Buttstock
-Damage Industries Enhanced Forward Grip

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 12:31:56 AM by Bigdude »

Offline sboone

Re: Just finished my VZ-58 build
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 06:53:12 PM »
Looks pretty good, the DD stock looks awesome on there and I?m not really a fan of the whole buffer tube thing

Offline Glasspix

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2017, 04:54:23 PM »
The old girl must be pleased with all that bling. DD stock and Aimpoint, its probably the most upmarket VZ I have seen. I am on the 'keep it retro' side of things when it comes to milsurp firearms, but I do like what you have done here.

Offline Bigdude

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 03:41:28 PM »
The old girl must be pleased with all that bling. DD stock and Aimpoint, its probably the most upmarket VZ I have seen. I am on the 'keep it retro' side of things when it comes to milsurp firearms, but I do like what you have done here.

Thank you for the compliment. It took me several years to complete. The only modifications I still want to make are a FCG from CNC warrior and a peep sight to replace the rear sight.

Offline TJNewton

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 08:34:02 PM »

Thank you for the compliment. It took me several years to complete. The only modifications I still want to make are a FCG from CNC warrior and a peep sight to replace the rear sight.

For the peep sight, a sling stud placed into a drilled and tapped spare sight leaf works very well.  You could also drill out and blue a thumb screw to make a larger ghost ring sight.  A small nut on the bottom of the sight leaf fits perfectly into the sight block and will prevent windage drift. 

Offline RSR

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2018, 11:26:28 PM »
If you want to get REALLY rare, look for an NEA rear stock adapter.  Might want to look to Canada...  Has a rail mount atop that you can mount a peep on...

Rifle looks great.  Only thing to note is that one of the Stormwerkz, or someone else's adapters, allows you to adjust the vertical height of that buffer tube using two screws.  Perhaps a little less rigid than your current but worth considering if head/slight alignment isn't where you want it (i.e., with peep sights)...

Offline Bigdude

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2018, 11:31:47 PM »
I just put a muzzle brake on and a new front sight base that has the enclosed circle. Any ideas on how I can reduce the overall weight of the rifle?

-D-Technik Receiver
-Aimpoint micro H-1
-Bonesteel Arms Upper Handguard
-Troy/NEA Lower Handguard with 2" Rail Segment
-StormWerkz Stock Adapter Type 2
-PWS Enhanced Buffer Tube
-Daniel Defense Buttstock
-Damage Industries Enhanced Forward Grip
-Matador Arms Hammerhead Muzzle Brake
-Fab Defense Polymer Magazine

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 04:40:43 PM by Bigdude »

Offline jwc007

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2018, 03:32:20 PM »
Very very Nice!  8)  Congratulations!  :)

All of your hard work has paid off very well!  8)
"Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by ego." - Yoda

For all of those killed by a 9mm: "Get up! You are not dead! You were shot with a useless cartridge!"

Offline TJNewton

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2018, 03:37:36 AM »
Looks great!  Good job on the ghost ring sight.

Offline RSR

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2018, 11:11:57 AM »
Looks great.

Do note that whatever Troy's rails are with the circle holes -- those rails sections fit the NEA as well if you want to have long and/or short rails on hand for accessories like lights, etc.

Offline Bigdude

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2018, 04:32:19 PM »
Looks great.

Do note that whatever Troy's rails are with the circle holes -- those rails sections fit the NEA as well if you want to have long and/or short rails on hand for accessories like lights, etc.

I am aware of that. I choose not to have a bunch of useless crap hanging off my rifle. I just purchased a Trijicon RMR 1.0 MOA red-dot and I was considering replacing the Aimpoint.

Hey RSR, which handguard set do you have on your VZ-58?

One of my pet peeves is people who put all cheap stuff on their VZ-58, like the plastic FAB Defense handguard set, the Bushnell red dot (or any other Chinese made red dot), the receiver side rail optic mount, and all that other cheap junk.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2018, 05:07:53 PM by Bigdude »

Offline RSR

« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2018, 03:04:16 AM »
3 NEAs.  Search my name and NEA (google better than forum search) and you'll see the setup.  I use a magpul AFG on the lower (mounted to short rail), long rail on support hand side w/ ergo/magpul rail cover rear and gogun gas pedal for thumb forward.  Opposite side is a light.  Lights are a must on home defense guns for me.

Balance are factory beaver barf or wood.   

Furniture and accessories are different strokes.  For instance, for folks that need optics but have bad eyesight, the side rail is a godsend.  But, the reason CSA added seems to be b/c it's much cheaper than a quality forend.  And, I'd personally have a REALLY hard time spending aimpoint money on a red dot, especially for every rifle.  But vision make red dots not an optimal choice for me.  For $600, one can get 2 quality prism red dots or a solid magnified and illuminated variable.   But like all furniture and accessories, it's YMMV.

anything