Author Topic: Posting pictures with Imgur  (Read 4145 times)

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
Posting pictures with Imgur
« on: November 20, 2017, 08:09:13 PM »

To post images here you can use Imgur.com via the following steps:

1. Visit http://imgur.com/upload

You do not need an account to upload images but if you plan to post images regularly or want to be able to easily delete them later you will want to sign up.

2. Upload one or more images by dragging them to the window or browsing to them on your computer.

Once the image(s) have uploaded you need to click on the triangle in the upper right of each image.

3. Select 'Get Share Links' and then click on Copy beside the 'BBCode (Forums)' section in the dialog that pops up.

When you click the button, the textbox beside it with the link will flash briefly to let you know it has been copied to your clipboard.

4. You can then paste the copied link into a post - repeat as needed! :)

{Bonus|Extra|Optional|NerdAlert}

If your images are HUGE you can use this BBCode snippet as a guide when posting them so they are displayed in a forum-friendly way that still gives others access to that huge version if they want to see it.

Code: [Select]
[url=https://i.imgur.com/06aKJS9.png]
[img width=640]https://i.imgur.com/06aKJS9.png[/img]
[/url]

In the snippet above, the link to the image (https://i.imgur.com/06aKJS9.png) appears twice. Once in the IMG tag which specifies that the image should be displayed with a width of 640px, and again in the surrounding URL tag which makes the image displayed in the post a clickable link to the full size picture. (The images in this post follow this pattern so you can click on them to see the screenshots at full size.)

I am testing a forum plugin that will make uploading images easier but for now these steps should get you going. If you have any questions, feel free to reach out and I'll help any way I can!

Cheers,
Tim
"A man's character is his fate."

Offline Grendel

• Administrator
  • Fascinating
Re: Posting pictures with Imgur
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2017, 04:28:37 PM »
btt
Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges - Tacitus

Inter arma enim silent leges - Cicero

I wasn't born in America, but I got here as fast as I could.

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2017, 07:07:13 PM »
btt

Actually I stickied this so I don't think you can bump it much higher ;-D

Offline Texf6

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 08:00:22 PM »
Doing your sequence with imgur with an iPad is a fail for me.  Does this only work using a laptop that would have a "clipboard".  Everything is as you say until I try and paste the copy from BBC forum to the dialogue box.  Paste is not an option.  If I select the portrait icon, an "img" is placed there but upon hitting post, nothing displays

Texf6

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 10:34:18 PM »
I’ll try this on iOS later to confirm but I suspect you’ll have to manually copy and paste the link text.

Offline Texf6

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 07:37:23 AM »
I appreciate any help.  Tried copying the link from Imgur and still don’t get the option for “paste” in the response dialogue box.  The only optio is “lookup”

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 09:06:25 AM »
I appreciate any help.  Tried copying the link from Imgur and still don’t get the option for “paste” in the response dialogue box.  The only optio is “lookup”

Ok. Just to make sure I follow... how are you accessing Imgur? Via the mobile app or Safari or Chrome?

And you are able to copy - just not paste?

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2018, 01:42:22 PM »

You know how to paste in dialogue boxes right?

Tap and hold the screen where you want to paste.
Wait for the magnifying bubble to appear.
Let go of the screen.
Tap on the Paste button.

Likewise, to copy:
Select the text you want to copy.
Tap the Copy button from the menu bar that just appeared.

Offline Texf6

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2018, 11:58:14 AM »
Thanks, and as we don’t know each other your question is fair.   As with most folks these days my work revolves around the use of the computer and more frequently these days, IPads and IPhones so I consider myself knowledgeable enough for these types of tasks to include cut / copy and paste, excel spreadsheet analysis and formulations, snipping and such.  That’s said, they are tools to me and I let the geniuses write code that create these tools.

Best,

Texf6

Offline Texf6

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2018, 12:05:24 PM »
And to sOnspark I am using Safari on the iPad.  Well to clarify, I am following directly the link in your post to Imgur.  Selecting from my photos on the IPad through the browse, etc.. and trying to paste into the dialogue box of the forum.

Best,

Texf6

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
Posting pictures with Imgur
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2018, 12:29:22 PM »
And to sOnspark I am using Safari on the iPad.  Well to clarify, I am following directly the link in your post to Imgur.  Selecting from my photos on the IPad through the browse, etc.. and trying to paste into the dialogue box of the forum.

Ok - I’ll try this on my iPad this afternoon and see if I can figure out where you are getting hung up. More in a bit...
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 12:32:58 PM by s0nspark »

Offline s0nspark

• Administrator
  • System Admin
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2018, 02:07:19 PM »
Ok copying the share link is tricky on the iPad most likely because of something on imgur. Instead you can just press and hold on the image itself and select copy in the resulting menu. This link can be pasted bare into a post or you can wrap it in url/img tags per the instructions to size it.

Offline Texf6

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2018, 09:57:13 PM »
https://i.imgur.com/AgZwzmu.jpg

Let's see if this works.

Offline Texf6

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2018, 10:00:19 PM »
sOnspark,

The process that you suggested seems to work.  If you access the link the pick shows up.  Perhaps you can verify?

Thanks,

Texf6

Offline Texf6

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2018, 10:04:44 PM »
https://i.imgur.com/AgZwzmu.jpg

And another attempt.

TexF6

anything