GENERAL > Right to Keep and Bear Arms

Supreme Court......side-steps gun rights cases, AGAIN

(1/3) > >>

The Guardian:
I was looking over some news feeds today and the Supreme Court declined to hear several gun rights appeals in their upcoming session, deferring to the lower court rulings, which basically limit rights.  Two that I remember specifically were: Maryland not allowing AR15's, and Florida not allowing open carry.  There were a couple others but all were declined.  As the news reports pointed out the Court hasn't accepted to hear a gun rights case since 2010. 

I have to say, its a bit troubling that the Court is side-stepping direct gun rights appeals on a regular basis.......  :-\

SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM:
Because we no longer have a government which works in the interest of the people. They serve only to keep themselves in power and keep us under control.

Earl Keese:

--- Quote from: SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM on November 28, 2017, 04:51:59 AM ---Because we no longer have a government which works in the interest of the people. They serve only to keep themselves in power and keep us under control.

--- End quote ---
As more and more people see what's behind the curtain, one has to wonder what comes next.

The Guardian:

--- Quote from: Earl Keese on November 28, 2017, 06:30:42 AM ---As more and more people see what's behind the curtain, one has to wonder what comes next.

--- End quote ---

I think the correct wording is ?Robe?......by not addressing the gun rights cases, they in effect are addressing them, and not in a good way  :-\

The Guardian:
To be real.....SCOTUS justices are lifetime appointed politicians......one would like to think, and at times I do believe, they really do look at the ACTUAL constitutionality of laws for the good of the country but  those instances are less as time marches on.  When the Court Justices break ranks and vote there conscience that?s when things really get twisted in our society.....kind of like Roberts on Obamacare......Obama says it?s not a tax, Roberts says it?s a tax so the gov?t can do it......Obama says okay, yes it?s a tax......geezzzzzz  ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version