Author Topic: New Pointman PM 9  (Read 1474 times)

Offline Oleman

New Pointman PM 9
« on: November 28, 2017, 08:57:57 PM »
Just picked up my first  Dan Wesson  PM 9 today. Can't wait to clean it up and break it in.

The Guardian

Re: New Pointman PM 9
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2017, 09:15:58 PM »
Often looked at the PM-9 as a potential new addition.......have (2) 9mm Guardians, that I really like.....so I'm not sure I need another in 9mm just yet.  Really nice model you picked up......let us know how it performs!  Always good to see a new post in the DW area  :)

Offline wscrst

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2017, 05:04:33 PM »
I shot my dad's PM9 last weekend.  I really love that gun.  The adjustable rear sight is handy for target shooting.  My dad had a magazine break apart (whatever holds the baseplate and metal internals together busted) but DW replaced it.  His other 2 mags have been great.  Enjoy.

Offline StevenR

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 11:58:13 PM »
I would use the lubes they recommend and their break in procedure.  I used synthetic oil and had to send mine in.  I'm guessing that prevented proper mating of the rails.  I did follow the round count and cleaning routine.  It has been flawless after a short visit to the DW gunsmith spa.

Offline Oleman

« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2017, 09:27:44 AM »
Just took to the range yesterday, it performed perfect. I am following the break in procedures with recommended lube. This will not be my last Dan Wesson for sure.

Offline wscrst

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 05:21:52 PM »
Great stuff.  How about a photo of the beauty? 

Offline andrew1220

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 04:36:09 PM »
Love mine. I use it for IDPA and USPSA. Got a Dawson ICE magwell, LOK Fat grips, and had the whole industrial hard chromed by Metaloy.