Author Topic: Failure to feed  (Read 754 times)

Offline jack76590

Re: Failure to feed
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2017, 04:51:44 AM »
14 round mags with stock springs work fine in my two PCRs. Not that this is assurance they will work in RAMI I just bought. I am a big fan of wolff springs and generally buy direct from wolff. As I recall postage not bad if use regular US mail. Also I would guess the mag springs for 16 and even 18 round mags for 75 series CZs would work in the smaller capacity mags. I know the rami can take all these size mags. Interesting as I just purchased Rami. thanks for posting.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 04:59:21 AM by jack76590 »

Offline bfranz5

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 01:30:40 PM »
Ive been having similar problems...Mine happens with both mags, usually the first 3 to 4 rounds and the very last one. Reading other like posts had me believing it might be the recoil springs but then I noticed the gun was having issues when just chambering a new round. So at the moment I'm not sure how to fix it. Any suggestions?

Offline Vinny

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 03:35:10 PM »
Ive been having similar problems...Mine happens with both mags, usually the first 3 to 4 rounds and the very last one. Reading other like posts had me believing it might be the recoil springs but then I noticed the gun was having issues when just chambering a new round. So at the moment I'm not sure how to fix it. Any suggestions?
Is the gun new; or if not about how many rounds through?
"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline bfranz5

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 03:58:48 PM »
Is the gun new; or if not about how many rounds through?
Maybe 400 to 500 rounds...thought it was me limp wristing it but same issues when instructor fired it.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2017, 04:15:06 PM »
What did your instructor think it was? Did it ever run right before? If so, I would first try replacing the outer recoil spring or the complete set, inner and outer with guide.

Sometimes, it's not just one thing; which can make it hard to pinpoint. As others have mentioned, it can also be the mag springs. Also, mine would start to hiccup after 150 consecutive rounds with dirty ammo that would form a muddy layer on the feed ramp. I polished the feed ramp and throat and that issue stopped happening. I take a rag on my pinkie and wipe the feed ramp if I'm shooting a lot. I've got about 4000 rounds through mine now and it's just sweet as honey. Other than routine recoil spring replacement, zero issues and 100% reliable now.  Hope you can solve it. Let us know.
"Without Fear, there can be no Courage"
"Carpe Diem"