Author Topic: Failure to feed  (Read 19788 times)

Offline frogwalking

• Retired Engineer, Viet. Vet., (one of the 4%)
Re: Failure to feed
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2018, 08:56:29 PM »
Esquilaxz;  I polished my feed ramp with the Dremmel and the fine red rouge I use for sharpening my knives.  Powder residue from shooting is now much easier to remove than before.  My ftfs (like yours) using hollow points and 14 round magazine occasionally still occur.  The problem is not my feed ramp.  The jammed cartridges are fully in the magazine, and have not made it to the feed ramp.  I suspect the inside front of the magazine may be helped with polishing.  Has anyone tried this?  I hate to take the mag apart as it was tough to get it together with the Wolff spring.

Offline Esquilax

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2018, 09:06:09 PM »
Thanks for the input, I will try polishing if I cant figure it out.

Any input on SlimChance's post #26? Wolff lists full size and compact, but RAMI is a different beast.

Before doing any work I will ask CZ soon. I will probably need to send it back for different reasons.

Offline frogwalking

« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2018, 10:34:14 PM »
Maybe that is why I had such a hard time getting my magazine back together.  That being said, it sure should work.  Sometimes, it doesn't.

Offline frogwalking

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2018, 04:17:36 PM »
I am almost over this jamming Rami.  I only shot about 20 rounds today out of the CZ.  Many more from another brand (which has never failed in 1,000 rounds).  The rami failed to load from the 10 round mag with Federal 124 gr. hp.  All failures since the Wolff spring in the 14 round mag may, probably were hollow points.  These are a little hotter than the fmjs which are my std, practice round.  To clear the jam today, I just pulled the slide back and let go.  Could my recoil spring be suspect.  I have about 600 rounds, maybe 800.  I have not been counting. 

The little Rami has a much better double action trigger, and is so accurate, or I would let it go.  Could I occasionally be limp-wristing it?  Any suggestions appreciated.  You could cr## in the other brand pistol and it would not jam.

Offline Esquilax

« Reply #34 on: January 30, 2018, 04:33:53 PM »
Actually among round nose, it hated the standard Aguila, forgot about that. No issues with American Eagle, Remington UMC, Winchester(?), Blazer brass and steel. Only HP I've tried is HST both 124 and 147 grain.

Offline SteveR2013

« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2018, 10:17:57 PM »
Actually among round nose, it hated the standard Aguila, forgot about that. No issues with American Eagle, Remington UMC, Winchester(?), Blazer brass and steel. Only HP I've tried is HST both 124 and 147 grain.
Likewise my RAMI seems content with 124 grain HST's. No issues with any FMJ's I use for practice, including, shudder, cheap steel cased Russian ammo.  ::) However I only use the 10 round magazines.

Offline Esquilax

« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2018, 10:25:55 PM »
Likewise my RAMI seems content with 124 grain HST's. No issues with any FMJ's I use for practice, including, shudder, cheap steel cased Russian ammo.  ::) However I only use the 10 round magazines.
I mentioned HST above. Issues with both weights in 14 round, no issues in 10. One thing I did not note was whether the Aguila had problems in both mags or just one.

Offline ZanderMan

« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2018, 10:43:02 PM »
If you look at the angle of the top round of a full 10rd vs full 14rd, are they the same? Is the nose lower on a 14rd mag?
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline SlimChance

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2018, 02:50:21 PM »
Hey Frog - Sounds like my FTF problem was at least as bad or worse than yours. I sent mine in to CZ USA and have had zero problems since. My Rami is new and under warrantee so they emailed me a free shipping label and they took care of it. It took about a month. You should at least call and talk to one of their techs, if you haven't already. I really want to like this gun and sounds like you do too but we have to know it's reliable, right? Good luck!

Offline frogwalking

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2018, 07:07:49 PM »
I may do exactly that.  In the mean time, I called Cajun Gun Works and spoke with David.  He said he has accurately diagnosed jams in CZs many times.  He asked more questions concerning the exact relationship between the slide and cartridge than I could answer.  I plan to go back to the range tomorrow to see if It will jam again.  I thought it might be the recoil spring, but he said that is unlikely.  If this does not work, back to CZ it goes.  A defence carry can never jam.  David said Ramis very seldom have problems.

Offline frogwalking

« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2018, 08:56:56 PM »
I had another ftf today in the second magazine of Federal hollow points.  I did not get the kind of response I was expecting from Cajun, so back to CZ it is going.  (Cajun's suggestions may have helped, but I decided not to modify anything that could void my warranty and prevent me from getting CZ to fix it.)  I will let you know what happens.  Don't hold your breath.  It may be a while.

Offline ZanderMan

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2018, 09:45:39 PM »
Well that bites.
Used to own a CZ Jawa...

Offline SlimChance

« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2018, 12:20:09 PM »
You have every reason to be confidant in CZ USA - at least if mine is any example. I've now fired about 350 rounds of various ammo including Federal hollow points and have had no FTFs or any other problems at all. I can't hold my breath for a month but I'll be waiting to hear how it works when you get it back.

Offline frogwalking

« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2018, 07:15:03 PM »
My Rami is on the way to CZ.  They sent a pre-paid Federal Express label.  I suspect they have a standard procedure to slick up a mis-behaving pistol.  I am pleased to read good results from their warranty service.

Offline Esquilax

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2018, 07:24:33 PM »
I just got the label but will ship it next week. My main issue is the grips don't go on right. The guy I spoke to on the phone was pleasant, and the process was easy. I've never heard bad about their service.

anything