Author Topic: Just purchased my first VZ.58  (Read 1879 times)

wags68

Just purchased my first VZ.58
« on: December 01, 2017, 03:26:28 PM »
First, thanks to all those who answered questions in other posts and provided input.  After my wife gave a thumbs up, I purchased a VZ.58 in 7.62x39 from Atlantic Firearms: https://www.atlanticfirearms.com/component/virtuemart/shipping-rifles/czech-small-arms-vz-58-military-detail.html?Itemid=0

Now I just need to order some odds and ends for the rifle from Czechpoint.  Looking at a side rail and optic mount, muzzle brake, Mags, etc.  I will post pics when I get her in.

Now the fun of waiting until my FFL receives her in the mail...

Offline sboone

Re: Just purchased my first VZ.58
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2017, 08:43:09 PM »
You chose wisely.  A little late now Incase the option would have interested you but just this afternoon CSA sent out an email for VZ-58?s with an 18.25? barrel.  Would be cool for kind of a RPK-58 kind of build just FYI Incase you decide to buy more than one.  There are now 4 barrel length choices for CSA 7.62x39 VZ-58?s, 7.62?, 12.25?, 16.25?, and now just today 18.25?.  Pretty cool for those who like options

Offline sboone

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2017, 08:44:37 PM »
Forgot to link

https://www.czechpoint-usa.com/vz-58-military-sr-762?l=

And it?s 18.75? not .25? my disinformation

wags68

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 10:07:29 PM »
Thanks for the info.  May look into something like that in the future. I have a feeling my wife may want a vz58 of her own.

wags68

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 07:02:52 PM »
Ordered on Friday, Just got shipping information today, should be here by Wednesday! I must say, Atlantic Firearms was very quick to process my order and get it out the door! Also ordered 8 more mags from Numrich, Brake and Side Rail from Czechpoint. Will update with pics and range report this weekend.

wags68

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 08:44:00 AM »
I picked up my VZ58 from my FFL, got her home and stripped down for initial cleaning.  I am blown away with the quality of this rifle, the fit and finish on this rifle are truly amazing.  I have never seen such nice mag lockup as this rifle has.  I think the rifle made my wife jealous with how big of a smile the rifle gave me. The I will be getting out to the range on Saturday and will report back with results.  I hope she shoots as good as she looks.

Offline sboone

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 09:26:08 AM »
Just so you don?t get disappointed in the finish, it is what many would call an Arsenal rattle can finish.  It?s just paint on the outside, not sure if parked underneath but the paint will scratch and ship off particularly at the slit loop on the gas block but obviously it won?t affect function.  I?m contemplating a cerakote for my 58 compact

wags68

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 09:31:51 AM »
Thanks for the heads up!  I will keep that in mind as I get some rounds and use in her.

wags68

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2017, 10:20:56 AM »
Went to the range with the VZ58 (sorry, no pics) and am very pleased with the performance of this rifle.  Shot extremely well and put my AK to shame.  Got to take the rifle out to 200 yards and ring steel.  Very easy to get hits with irons or a red dot at that distance.  I will be heading back to the range this upcoming weekend to try at 300 & 400 yards.  Now I am thinking about selling the AK and buying a second VZ58 for my wife so she can configure it for her tastes (she loves wood and steel).

anything