Author Topic: HK guy sold on a Shadow  (Read 1013 times)

Offline JLla84

HK guy sold on a Shadow
« on: December 04, 2017, 02:01:32 AM »
Hey gang, i shoot USPSA and Steel with an HK VP9, and at today's match, a kid in my group just bought a brand new Shadow from CZ Custom, so it had trigger work etc.... i don't recall if it was 1 or 2 but it was awesome...

he mentioned that its double action single action with safety but no decoder so does that mean its only single action? he kind of confused me...

he let me dry fire it and wow, i was blown away...

once my skill catches up to my firearm, id like to choose between an HK USP Expert or the CZ Shadow from CZC....

I hope i see him again next week for steel so i can pick his brain, i really wish i could recall more info on the gun... it weighed so much more than my plastic vp9 but i bet it makes A HUGE difference in recoil mitigation...

I'm still very much a novice shooter and middle of the pack in scoring but by this time next year i may be ready for that gun to take me to the next level.
CZ Shadow 2
CZ Scorpion Carbine

HK VP9 LE
M&P Shield 9mm

Offline pewpew4life

Re: HK guy sold on a Shadow
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 02:22:27 AM »
Hey gang, i shoot USPSA and Steel with an HK VP9, and at today's match, a kid in my group just bought a brand new Shadow from CZ Custom, so it had trigger work etc.... i don't recall if it was 1 or 2 but it was awesome...

he mentioned that its double action single action with safety but no decoder so does that mean its only single action? he kind of confused me...

once my skill catches up to my firearm, id like to choose between an HK USP Expert or the CZ Shadow from CZC....

I hope i see him again next week for steel so i can pick his brain, i really wish i could recall more info on the gun... it weighed so much more than my plastic vp9 but i bet it makes A HUGE difference in recoil mitigation...

I'm still very much a novice shooter and middle of the pack in scoring but by this time next year i may be ready for that gun to take me to the next level.
There are CZ Shadow's that have decockers. However, it sounds like the Shadow you handled is a DA/SA gun. Most people using CZ Shadow's for competition use non decocking guns since the trigger can be tuned more so than one with a decocker. When dealing with a DA/SA gun without a decocker, you just have to manually decock the gun (ie hold or block the hammer as you pull the trigger and lower the hammer).

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 05:05:38 AM »
I have a Shadow from CZ Custom that I have thought about selling to find another project. If you get serious about it let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JLla84

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 11:08:08 AM »

There are CZ Shadow's that have decockers. However, it sounds like the Shadow you handled is a DA/SA gun. Most people using CZ Shadow's for competition use non decocking guns since the trigger can be tuned more so than one with a decocker. When dealing with a DA/SA gun without a decocker, you just have to manually decock the gun (ie hold or block the hammer as you pull the trigger and lower the hammer).

Thats what I thought was odd, he wasn't decocking, he was just engaging safety, and to my knowledge, for USPSA, you have to start decocked...

either way, the trigger felt amazing, and the weight showed that it had minimal muzzle flip. thing stayed still during double taps... how do i differentiate from the different models.... I'm a bit confused.... i see cz75.... cz75b.... shadow, shadow 2, sp-01.... not sure which is which...

I've read the shadow 1 is a better option than the newer shadow 2... plus, you get 18 rounds instead of 17...
CZ Shadow 2
CZ Scorpion Carbine

HK VP9 LE
M&P Shield 9mm

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 12:49:10 PM »
He could be shooting in Limited.

Shadow 2 is without a doubt better than the Shadow 1 if both are upgraded. For competition purposes, you will pretty much only be looking at Shadows for production or TS for limited.

Offline JLla84

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 05:15:06 PM »

Shadow 2 is without a doubt better than the Shadow 1 if both are upgraded. For competition purposes, you will pretty much only be looking at Shadows for production or TS for limited.
So you don't think i could rock a shadow 2 in limited?
CZ Shadow 2
CZ Scorpion Carbine

HK VP9 LE
M&P Shield 9mm

Offline pewpew4life

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 06:02:29 PM »

Technically you could use a Shadow 2 in Limited. But you wouldn't want to. Shadow 2 is 9mm. You want to shoot a major caliber in Limited. So .40 is typically what you want to shoot in Limited. You could shoot 9mm for Limited minor, but you'd only be gimping yourself. As you would lose points for every non-Alpha hit.

Offline pewpew4life

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 12:10:59 AM »
And to answer your questions about the letter and number designations for CZ's. If there's a "B" in there (CZ 75B) it has firing pin block. SP 01 means it has full size dust cover/rails.

Offline JLla84

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2017, 12:25:32 AM »

Technically you could use a Shadow 2 in Limited. But you wouldn't want to. Shadow 2 is 9mm. You want to shoot a major caliber in Limited. So .40 is typically what you want to shoot in Limited. You could shoot 9mm for Limited minor, but you'd only be gimping yourself. As you would lose points for every non-Alpha hit.

As of the next match ill be shooting production.... i have the mags for it, and ill be removing my magwell... i completely agree...
CZ Shadow 2
CZ Scorpion Carbine

HK VP9 LE
M&P Shield 9mm

Offline chenjeffus

« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2018, 02:56:04 AM »
shadow 1 or shadow 2 are both 9 MM.  which will be at disadvantage when shoot limited.  recommend CZ TS .40 for limited. 

anything