Author Topic: This is why CGW is the best  (Read 2103 times)

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
This is why CGW is the best
« on: December 04, 2017, 01:30:22 PM »
I recently purchased a pistol from a member here on the forum.

The pistol already happened to be at CGW for work and I assumed I would call them and tailor the work to my needs.

Today I get a call from Scott telling me that somehow the pistol got damaged, a small dent/scratch in it.

Scott said that he had no idea if it was his place or came in that way due to the ownership change and a small mix up.

Scott could have easily slid the damage off to an unknown and just told me about it.

Rather then avoid responsibility though Scott told me he was going to have the gun cerakoted for me at no expense to repair the damage.

I offered to absorb some of the cost and he declined saying it was his responsibility and that he would never send a gun out that wasn't perfect.

He explained my options, discussed colors he thought would work best and assured me for the inconvenence he would move the pistol up in the line to get the work done.

He further under sold me as his opinion on this particular gun was to do less work to it than i originally wanted.

This is what customer service is.

This is what keeps people loyal.

Having been in the hospitality industry most of my adult life, this is what i have always stressed to my people.

How you treat the customer is what matters.

Good treatment can overcome a great many problems.

Scott and CGW have a loyal customer in me.

While many of us on here already knew of the quality of their work, and some the lengths they go to in order for their customers to be satisfied, this story shows they are willing to do whatever it takes to put out the best possible product with their name on it.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 02:30:37 PM by Evolve13 »
The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

wags68

Re: This is why CGW is the best
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 01:48:24 PM »
Thanks for posting!  CGW should teach customer service to other companies!  I have had outstanding service from CGW every time I contacted them.  A customer for life from me as well.

Offline SlvrDragon50

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 02:37:07 PM »
CGW is one of the reasons I like my CZs so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 02:53:08 PM »
This weekend I was helping a friend to install CGW kit on his Shadow 2. We had a small problem with reset that I was not encounted before. Friend was very hesitant to call CGW on Saturday, but still called and and while getting voicemail answer hang up, planning to call on Monday. Few minutes later, his phone rings and Scott?(Sky?) is asking what happened. We've explain the problems and He suggested to fit the disco that I didn't know that was meant for some fitting. Few minutes later with dremel and few strokes with file, everything was working as should. My friend is now a believer that great CS still exist.

Offline dave33

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2017, 03:04:16 PM »
That's great.  Mistakes do happen, and while its inconvenient, the manner in which they are corrected speaks volumes. 

Ive had a little experience with CGW customer service, one of the parts I ordered for a P-09(the exact one escapes me right this minute) didn't fit exactly right, a quick call to them gave me the info I needed, literally half a dozen light passes with a fine file, part worked perfectly, and has been perfect over several thousand rounds.  As long as I own a CZ's (and I'll never not own CZ's), you will find CGW parts inside.

Now if they would finally make me an adjustable rear sight for a P-09 and P10C Ill brag on them some more.

Offline Boris_LA

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2017, 03:26:55 PM »
In my case it was not their mistake. I didn't order the parts, friend did and description clearly notes that Disco needs fitting. I just didn't see or know that because that was my first S-2 experience.

Offline painter

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2017, 03:47:27 PM »
I had a similar, excellent, experience with CGW.

My 85 Combat is a tolerance anomaly, and after them sending several Race hammer kits, and me having issues with hammer follow, I sent my pistol to David so a pro could figure out the issue.

He sent it back working as it should, no charge. I offered to pay him for his time because i didn't pay for work, but he refused saying that he sold me drop in parts and I had done nothing wrong. The parts wouldn't 'drop in'. He even replaced a sear spring I had bubba'd.

They have a customer, and a friend, for life!
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline PJCZ

« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2017, 04:31:19 PM »
Their reputation is what led me to them. They sure know how to deliver excellent product and unmatched customer service experience. They?ve become my one and only source for CZ parts.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2017, 05:12:50 PM »
I've never had them do any work for me but I buy parts from them.  Fastest shipping in the business.   They must have some real "dirt" on the USPS because I've had parts delivered they mail truck on Sundays and holidays.

They are always the place I look at first for parts.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Mf1ve

« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2017, 06:37:12 PM »

I've only done business a few times with CGW so far. I agree with all of the comments above. CGW is just a joy to work with.

Offline MissionaryMike

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2017, 09:20:10 PM »
+1000
Pretty much a CZ fanboy.