Author Topic: Overdue Update  (Read 1328 times)

Offline Usmo

Overdue Update
« on: December 05, 2017, 05:11:43 PM »
Regarding an issue I had with my Tristar T-100. http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=89015.msg672644#msg672644 Finally worked up enough nerve to try install the barrel bushing and had no trouble at all, then I ran into a problem.  My barrel doesn't fit into the slide anymore. I contacted Tristar and was told it needed fitting, filing, etc. I'm just gonna send them the slide and let them to do it. Hope they don't charge me.

The Guardian

Re: Overdue Update
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 06:11:01 PM »
Fitting a barrel isn't as difficult as it may sound.......there are some decent threads here or on youtube that show the process.  When you say the barrel doesn't fit into the slide (?) do you mean into the barrel bushing? Just trying to get more specifics to offer up some assistance  ;)

The Guardian

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 06:20:26 PM »
I'm thinking maybe you mean the barrel won't slip easily into the bushing.....if you take the barrel and insert it into the end of the slide (where the bullet comes out), does it move freely through the bushing? If so, all you need to do is tap the barrel into the bushing, just like you were assembling it normally but with a little help.  I have a bushing in one CZ that I had to do that to, the gun is very accurate, due to the tight tolerance between the barrel and bushing.  It functions smoothly with no issues....I actually leave the barrel in while cleaning the gun, not a big deal, after several hundred rounds the bushings inside diameter will enlarge enough to remove the barrel easily enough.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:36:04 PM by The Guardian »

Offline Usmo

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 06:21:33 PM »
Wow, just saw this, thanks I will try to tap it in. By the way it doesn't fit from the inside during reassembly. It will slide in easily if inserted from the front of the slide.

-That did the trick. Thanks again man. I'm gonna shoot it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:44:13 PM by Usmo »

The Guardian

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 11:37:51 PM »
Wow, just saw this, thanks I will try to tap it in. By the way it doesn't fit from the inside during reassembly. It will slide in easily if inserted from the front of the slide.

-That did the trick. Thanks again man. I'm gonna shoot it tomorrow.

This is why it needs tapped into place when assembling........just know it won't be coming out easily or at all if it were up to me for a bit, like I said several hundred rounds.  The reason it doesn't go in easily is the "slop" of the barrel in the factory bushing gives the barrel enough room to be canted at an angle to be removed from the slide during disassembly.  I've had some barrels with some mileage on them that come out of the CGW bushing fairly easy, a new barrel with a new CGW bushing doesn't have that same "play", so instead of forcing the barrel out and possibly damaging the bushing.....just leave it and let time and wear work its magic......you'll find the accuracy/grouping is second to none!  ;D
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 11:40:24 PM by The Guardian »

Offline Usmo

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 08:17:47 AM »
Took the T-100 to the range yesterday, Guardian you were right. It shot some really tight groups and performed very well. The advice is much appreciated.

The Guardian

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2017, 06:49:41 PM »
Took the T-100 to the range yesterday, Guardian you were right. It shot some really tight groups and performed very well. The advice is much appreciated.

Glad it worked out well for you, I was equally happy with mine.....actually pleasantly surprised a bit at the tight groupings.  Enjoy!  :)

anything