Author Topic: Ease of installation?  (Read 4257 times)

Offline 4arrows

Ease of installation?
« on: December 06, 2017, 08:35:11 PM »
I am shopping for a P-01 or a PCR right now, was hoping to find one that already had CGW upgrade. But was wondering how difficult it would be to order and install a Pro Upgrade kit on my own? Any thoughts or experience?

Offline MissionaryMike

Re: Ease of installation?
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 11:59:13 AM »
I am shopping for a P-01 or a PCR right now, was hoping to find one that already had CGW upgrade. But was wondering how difficult it would be to order and install a Pro Upgrade kit on my own? Any thoughts or experience?

By now, there are so many helpful threads, picture tutorials, youtube vids, etc., that can assist you that I wouldn't call it "difficult".  You (and anyone) might need some help fitting a part or two along the way, but most of us had.  That's the benefit of having this forum live and active.  We've all asked what you're asking.  Now we're on the other side of it.

If you really feel like you're not up to it, or like some, just don't have the time to meddle, then by all means, buy one that's already tuned.

Good luck.
Pretty much a CZ fanboy.

The Guardian

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 07:03:09 PM »
If you have any patience and like to learn and figure things out........you are the perfect candidate! Its not really that difficult, there will be a moment or two where you will be like.......what was I thinking  ???  .....but rest assured, you will figure it out, that's where the "patience" come in  ;)

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 01:23:34 AM »
I'm sending one to them for polishing, install, etc.  I had no problems DIY for the slide parts (3 spring kit, pins..) but the sear cage, SRT, etc. frame parts seemed complex enough for me to leave it to pros.

Offline RocketRyan

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 12:06:27 PM »
The upgrade kits are pretty easy to install. I only had one oops and it was the lifter spring in my manual safety sear cage snapped in two. So of course now I have extras of those. Everything else was pretty smooth installation wise. The best part is now I'm not afraid to take the gun down to the bare minimum to thoroughly clean it.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 04:59:46 PM »
The upgrade kits are pretty easy to install. I only had one oops and it was the lifter spring in my manual safety sear cage snapped in two. So of course now I have extras of those. Everything else was pretty smooth installation wise. The best part is now I'm not afraid to take the gun down to the bare minimum to thoroughly clean it.

I believe I've "heard" 1SOW say that having spare parts insures no further breakage of the parts in the gun you bought spares to replace. 
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline RocketRyan

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2017, 12:14:56 AM »

I believe I've "heard" 1SOW say that having spare parts insures no further breakage of the parts in the gun you bought spares to replace.

I have two slide stops just waiting to be used. Have about 13,000 rounds so far on the original. He might be on to something haha.

Offline chenjeffus

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2017, 09:57:43 PM »
From economic point of view, getting PCR that is already CGWed is better, I had stock PCR before, was try to upgrade it myself, while I enjoy the work, but the it ends up costing more.  Both oakhill.com and CZcustome are excellent source for costumed PCR or other CZ pistols.

Offline RedLizard

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 03:31:43 PM »
On my PCR I put on Dawson Fiber optic sights and changed out the factory hammer spring with a #16 spring.
This made the trigger much smoother for this particular PCR.  Regarding your install; if you go slow,
keep all the small sear cage springs from flying, and definitely get a slave pin, it can be done. 
I did the Reach Reduction kit on my CZ75 which involves much of what you're about to undertake. 
It can be done and it can be fun.  Just be patient...good luck!!!

Offline CZNate

Ease of installation?
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 04:04:45 PM »

It?s not bad at all...  I installed the pro package, sights, and 10x bushing.  Now it?s my favorite gun to shoot.  Just make sure you place the springs in the right place or you?ll have a loose decocker lever like I did haha. 

First sear pic is the wrong location. Second pic is the right location.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RedLizard

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 04:11:04 PM »
Yep - there's a little indentation that the sear leg has to fit into.
I almost overlooked it myself.  Good reference pictures!

Offline CZNate

Ease of installation?
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 04:47:00 PM »
Thanks.  Went 6 months wondering...finally revisited after looking at a complete sear cage and realized what I did wrong.  I highly recommend the 10x bushing.  Follow all the links given in this post and you?ll do fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 04:50:14 PM by CZNate »

Offline doc171

• FIELD MEDICAL TECHNICIAN
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 01:00:15 AM »
I have installed the CGW PRO kit and 10X bushings and new sights in my 2 PO1s (one has F/O sights and one has Trits). And like what other members of the forum have stated, their are numerous places to find help. But, let me throw in my two cents. I purchased the manual from CZ on the decocker models and I believe it would be beneficial to you up to a point. It was helpful to me. The manual only features stock parts....not the special CGW parts like the reusable trigger pin...so it's up to you and your wallet and your understanding about CGW wait times on buying from them or sending one in for upgrades.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:13:24 AM by doc171, Reason: Spelling »

Offline RedLizard

« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 10:46:35 AM »
+1 on the CZ Armorer's Manual.

Offline clinttho

« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2018, 07:40:00 PM »
It?s easy peasy compared to the Phantom. At least for me due to having the sear cage inside of another cage etc. It?s a couple steps more than a  CZ75b or SP01 because of the decocker. If you can do a safety model you should be able to do the P01/PCR etc models. You?ll also learn so much about your gun you?ll almostalways know to fix it or what?s wrong with it and get it working soon.

anything