Author Topic: Need Gun Broker feedback  (Read 1654 times)

Offline eastman

Re: Need Gun Broker feedback
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2017, 06:12:14 PM »
? One trick is to scan and bid by locale. I won an only-bidder auction placed by a local store. Walked in and paid cash, then walked out with the gun. No FFL fees; no shipping. The gun I won and bought was marked $75 higher in their showcase !

? The one time I thought there was an issue with a seller, it was actually my receiving FFL. The family-run, good ol' boy LGS was too friggin' lazy to walk back and check their UPS deliveries. This went on for 2 weeks ! Finally the seller sent me copies of the UPS shipping number and delivery confirmation. When I showed that to the FFL he finally consented to go look. Lo and behold, the gun had been in their stock room for 2 weeks, just like the seller and UPS said. Moral of the story: Pick your receiving FFL very carefully !

;)

I always check the tracking info from the seller. That way my contact message to my local FFL will start with "According to FedEx (or UPS or the USPS), you received my order today".
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline dozer

« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2017, 08:02:09 PM »
Any advice or comments when using the bidding site Gun Broker?  Some sellers say they want money orders or certified checks, although these appear to be individuals and not dealers?

Should be good to go with Gunbroker,have bought and sold there no problems from individuals and dealers.Not to be smart, but most individuals don't have access to credit card processing so money orders and such are requested.

Offline steerclr

« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2017, 08:06:39 PM »
Again, thanks for all the replies and advice!

Offline Chicago Dude

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 08:56:37 PM »
Droopy wrote :
"I have not bought to many guns on Gunbroker but I am an avid price follower of things and will spend weeks sometimes researching prices on a certain product I want or need. I have found that if you are looking for a gun especially a CZ that Gunbroker is a great indicator of when a specific model becomes available to the general public. That being said with some due diligence and some help from sites like Gunwatcher.com and gundeals.com you can almost always find an online gun store with much cheaper prices than Gunbroker. If using gundeals.com it helps to narrow your search if you use the model number not it's name to search, like if you are looking for a PCR it's best to search 91194 rather than typing CZ PCR. Also if you are a gun show person gundeals has an app for your phone that allows you to scan the upc with your phone and it will show comparable prices online That can be a very powerful negotiating tool and keep your money in your local economy sometimes if your dealers are willing to negotiate.

I just believe that it's worth the time to save money and even $1 saved in my pocket is better than in someone elses"

Some great tips here !
Thank you !!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:59:03 PM by Chicago Dude »

Offline Wiseguns

« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2017, 09:12:33 AM »
As mentioned, generally you should be safe dealing with GB however you just need to be more careful with sellers (or buyers if/when you're on the other side of the fence) that have very little reviews. Generally, known sellers, those with hundreds or 1000s reviews, generally ask for a US Post Office MO as those cannot be rescinded. They're as good as cash, unlike bank cashier's checks or money orders that need to clear first. It's reasonable that a seller doesn't want to release their merchandise until they know they have money in the bank. And 99.9% covet their ratings so this is your hold on them if performance doesn't happen.

All said, sometimes you get good prices on GB. Much of the time you don't. The danger is getting caught up in the bidding process. It can get exciting so keep the emotions in check. Nothing better than to watch a piece up for sale on GB and see 2-3 bidders just bidding it out of sight in pursuit of the win. It can be addicting. Good luck!