Author Topic: Need Gun Broker feedback  (Read 1665 times)

Offline steerclr

Need Gun Broker feedback
« on: December 06, 2017, 09:13:01 PM »
Any advice or comments when using the bidding site Gun Broker?  Some sellers say they want money orders or certified checks, although these appear to be individuals and not dealers?

Offline 65fsbk

Re: Need Gun Broker feedback
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:36:55 PM »
I buy and sell on Gunbroker and never had an issue in the 6-7 years I've been using it.

It's basically like Ebay for Gun Stuff.

I always make sure to deal with people who have a long history of great feedback on the site just like I would on Ebay and that's probably why I have never had an issue.

Offline snakeye

« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 11:41:04 PM »
I have bought several guns from people on Gunbroker and have never had any issues.

The Guardian

« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 11:53:07 PM »
A history (25-ish) of positive feedback a must.........if ever in doubt contact the seller ask questions, if you win an item and you don't feel comfortable with the seller.......I would back out, just as I do locally, Armslist, or any medium......if I'm not comfortable with the seller or buyer (dealer or individual) its not worth the risk regardless of a possible negative feedback, firearms are fairly easy to come by with some patience.  Usually, they don't leave negative feedback, since they don't want any themselves.....just gets to be a he said, she said kind of situation.  It happens very rarely that things go sour, I've bought and/or sold probably 150+ firearms in my life and can count on one hand the number of folks that were truly questionable. Most gun people are great people  :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:02:36 AM by The Guardian »

Offline steerclr

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 06:22:09 AM »
Thanks guys.

Offline 65fsbk

« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2017, 11:02:58 AM »
Also, make sure you check out the shipping charges too before you bid on something.

Some sellers will jack up the shipping charges to cover the low price on the item.

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2017, 12:19:04 PM »
I'll just echo the Guardian's response. I've purchased perhaps half a dozen firearms from gunbroker.....a few private sellers, the rest dealers. Never had a problem.....if you're not sure about a seller, send them a message......see how long it takes to respond. The few private sellers turned out to be really nice folks. Credit card is OK, but check if they charge a percentage for the use; bank certified check is OK; I won't use postal money orders (that's just me). And, yes, be selective....if something raises a red flag, go elsewhere.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 12:57:09 PM by ernie_h »

Offline RAEIndustries

• RAE Industries
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2017, 12:49:25 PM »
There was some slow shipping reports from alot of buyers with different seller even pre thanksgiving but other than that never heard anything bad or any "non deliveries"
S. Rife

RAE Industries

www.raeind.com

Offline mountainrider

• The Catasstrophy; so many contenders!
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2017, 02:52:30 PM »
My auction completed on the 30th of November and my new Scorpion is to be delivered tomorrow; the 8th.

No drama ensued between these dates.

I bought a KSG a few years back. it was my only other auction purchase on GunBroker.

Both transactions have been smooth as a really smooth thing.

I think a pattern is emerging.
Although I once owned a couple, I don't really have a SIGnature.

Offline Evolve13

• BANNED
    • It Will Come Back Ten Fold
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 03:08:21 PM »
I have purchased over 150 guns on GUNBROKER and have only had 1 negative experience.

I would be reluctant to send anyone a money order or bank check unless you confirmed they were a legit business, and even then if there were to be an issue you have little recourse save for action at their geographical location.

In other words, if you get screwed by a place in North Dakota, you must commence the action for recovery there, which as you could imagine may not be worth the effort and cost.

With a credit card or paypal you have recourse.

That being said, the bigger stores are the best bet.

If an individual i ask for a phone number, copy of a license or permit and often times different pics of the gun to verify they actually have the weapon.  NOT STOCK PHOTOS.

I have purchased over a dozen very high end guns from THE ATTIC.

Val is easy to deal with, their prices are aggressive, they don't gouge on shipping costs and stand behind their sales.

The best defense against evil men,
are good men who are skilled at violence.

Offline balin

« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 03:19:09 PM »
I have bought about 40 guns online without being scammed. Read everything and undestand  what that seller expects .look at the pics. If you have questions ask before you bid.  And don't bid if you think you will not pay. It you make a deal keep up your end of the promise. 

Offline painter

« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 08:53:11 PM »
I've never had a problem on Gunbroker.
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline steerclr

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2017, 05:57:34 AM »
Thanks again for all the replys

Offline Droopy

« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2017, 10:00:03 AM »
I have not bought to many guns on Gunbroker but I am an avid price follower of things and will spend weeks sometimes researching prices on a certain product I want or need. I have found that if you are looking for a gun especially a CZ that Gunbroker is a great indicator of when a specific model becomes available to the general public. That being said with some due diligence and some help from sites like Gunwatcher.com and gundeals.com you can almost always find an online gun store with much cheaper prices than Gunbroker. If using gundeals.com it helps to narrow your search if you use the model number not it's name to search, like if you are looking for a PCR it's best to search 91194 rather than typing CZ PCR. Also if you are a gun show person gundeals has an app for your phone that allows you to scan the upc with your phone and it will show comparable prices online That can be a very powerful negotiating tool and keep your money in your local economy sometimes if your dealers are willing to negotiate.

I just believe that it's worth the time to save money and even $1 saved in my pocket is better than in someone elses

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 08:26:46 PM »
? One trick is to scan and bid by locale. I won an only-bidder auction placed by a local store. Walked in and paid cash, then walked out with the gun. No FFL fees; no shipping. The gun I won and bought was marked $75 higher in their showcase !

? The one time I thought there was an issue with a seller, it was actually my receiving FFL. The family-run, good ol' boy LGS was too friggin' lazy to walk back and check their UPS deliveries. This went on for 2 weeks ! Finally the seller sent me copies of the UPS shipping number and delivery confirmation. When I showed that to the FFL he finally consented to go look. Lo and behold, the gun had been in their stock room for 2 weeks, just like the seller and UPS said. Moral of the story: Pick your receiving FFL very carefully !

;)
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.