Author Topic: Polished Czech gun  (Read 945 times)

Offline Chicago Dude

Polished Czech gun
« on: December 07, 2017, 02:47:41 PM »
I know it's a Czech gun, but I'd like to Polish it  ;D
I have PCR that I would love to polish the barrel. I don't want to chrome it, because I don't want it to look so shiny, but would like to have some mate metal look of that barrel when you look at the gun from the side at ejector portion of the gun.
Is that doable ? Did any of you guys do that ? How hard it is, and can I do it myself (with my two left hands) ?
Thanks in advance !
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 03:40:40 PM by Chicago Dude »

Offline SP01bob

Re: Polished Czech gun
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2017, 03:10:44 PM »
Polish it, lol. I've seen a video of a guy doing the barrel for that purpose, and it looked nice. I'd probably never do it, but I can see why some would.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Offline Usmo

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2017, 06:10:12 PM »
This is how I gave mine the stainless look.  I used 2000 grit sandpaper under running water to make sure not to take any metal off. Then I used a dremel with a felt tip and the polish that came with the dremel polishing kit. The kit was about 20 dollars on Amazon.  I read that people started off with grittier sandpaper to begin removing the paint, then stepped up to finer grit. I didn't want to risk removing metal so i stayed with fine grit throughout the process. It's not a mirror finish, but I liked the results so I did it to my Sp-01 and my other non conceal guns. You can look it up on youtube, but this is exactly what i did to mine. Remember to keep some oil on it since you are removing the factory finish.

Original Thread: http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=84454.msg675018#msg675018

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:13:10 PM by Usmo »

The Guardian

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2017, 06:24:48 PM »
I've polished many a barrel......if you have a bench grinder w/buffing wheel and some various grits of rouge it takes only a few minutes...no worries of removing to much material just take your time......pretty simple!   :)
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 06:55:15 PM by The Guardian »

Offline Chicago Dude

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2017, 08:19:24 PM »
Thanks buddy.

Offline sissupr

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 02:08:31 PM »
looks good... I've done this same method on a couple of sigs.  Mother's works well.  I can't want to get a CZ and do this same thing. 

Hello from Chicago!

CZ Shadow SP-01
Glock 17 Gen 4
Sig Sauer P238 Spartan
In search of a Glock 19, 26 and M&P Shield