Author Topic: Pre B just arrived  (Read 4391 times)

Offline Scarlett Pistol

Re: Pre B just arrived
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2017, 02:13:03 PM »
Good to hear that the mod for the new magazines went well. My pre-b had some additional material to remove and it took me 4 nights or so to get it right, but it was not normal for the pre-b's I've heard other people work on.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2017, 03:13:45 PM »
Mine just took a few minutes.

Where was that extra metal at?  Sides or back?  Between the sear cage and the magazine brake? 

Always curious about funny/odd/different - just in case I run into some day on one of mine.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline 03car31

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2017, 05:09:49 PM »
Mine took about 30 minutes, but I was trying to go slow and check it every few swipes. I was nervous.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2017, 06:00:26 PM »

Where was that extra metal at?  Sides or back?  Between the sear cage and the magazine brake? 

Always curious about funny/odd/different - just in case I run into some day on one of mine.

I'll snag some pics when I get home, hard to describe via words as compared to some pics. Does yours take the 17 round mecgar mags too? Or are there any that don't fit?

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2017, 08:59:14 PM »

I'll snag some pics when I get home, hard to describe via words as compared to some pics. Does yours take the 17 round mecgar mags too? Or are there any that don't fit?

It takes some of them.  they are not all the same "size".  I say that because I bought about 8 of them (with the two round base on them, so they hold 19 rounds) and half of them fit.  I think there were 3 or 4 that would not fully insert/lock in.  They stopped short and I didn't want to "beat" them into the mag. well.  The other fit just fine, not even hitting a snug spot on the way in.

All the mecgar 16 round magazines fit just fine.

If you have more than one CZ, any of the mecgar 17/19 rounds that don't fit the Pre B will fit a newer CZ.

I remember measuring the ones that didn't fit and they were different in either width or front to rear depth?? but I don't remember what the differences were, but it was enough to keep them from working.  Evidently the 16 round Mecgars are more uniform in size than the larger capacity magazines.  Maybe made on different machines?  Or at a different locations??
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2017, 10:32:37 PM »

It takes some of them.  they are not all the same "size".  I say that because I bought about 8 of them (with the two round base on them, so they hold 19 rounds) and half of them fit.  I think there were 3 or 4 that would not fully insert/lock in.  They stopped short and I didn't want to "beat" them into the mag. well.  The other fit just fine, not even hitting a snug spot on the way in.

All the mecgar 16 round magazines fit just fine.

If you have more than one CZ, any of the mecgar 17/19 rounds that don't fit the Pre B will fit a newer CZ.

I remember measuring the ones that didn't fit and they were different in either width or front to rear depth?? but I don't remember what the differences were, but it was enough to keep them from working.  Evidently the 16 round Mecgars are more uniform in size than the larger capacity magazines.  Maybe made on different machines?  Or at a different locations??

That was my experience, the 17/19 rounders would hit the rear top fave of the mag well and then they would hit the sear cage. They are just a little bigger to fit the extra round. It doesn't seem to matter on B models, just Pre-B.

Here's a pic of where I had to remove more material on my Pre-B. It was hard metal and I went slow and checked often so I didn't ruin the frame.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2017, 05:32:22 AM »
I used a flat file and took the material off the back.  Mostly above the magazine brake and below the sear cage.
That's probably why is was quicker.  Flat file, flat area in the mag. well.

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2017, 09:50:24 AM »
I used a flat file and took the material off the back.  Mostly above the magazine brake and below the sear cage.
That's probably why is was quicker.  Flat file, flat area in the mag. well.
Oh I did the back side too. Once the mag cleared the bottom back area they wouldn't insert more than a half inch or so and I had to start working that front side.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Offline badwrench

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2017, 01:07:24 PM »
I had ordered two of the CZ 75 B magazines when I ordered the gun. I did the modification on the frame to accept then last night. They lock up better in the gun. No movement. The original could move some. Not a lot, but some. Comparing the lips on the original to the new, the original looks like they have opened up some. Hopefully the new magazines will help with the feeding. I will also change the springs in the gun and see if that helps some.

I did some research on hot bluing at home. That looks like an art form. I don't know that I have the skills to pull that off right now and I want this gun as more than just a project. I may have to go with cerakote. I have coated a gun before and at least know what I am doing with it. Of course I also know that bluing is easy to remove if it doesn't turn out nice so I don't really have a lot to lose trying it.

Call Cajun Gun Works, ask them about getting it black nitrided, much better than cerakote, and provides excellant rust protection, can also be done on the inside and outside of the barrel..small parts like saftey levers, slide stops can also be done. I had them do this to my sp-01 compact, and it turned out great ! It'll cost a little more, but you'll only need to do it once..

Offline 03car31

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2017, 08:16:14 AM »
I took the gun completely apart and stripped off any of the paint and old finish left. I have decided to polish the scratches out and attempt a hot blue. Want to learn how and now is as good a time as any.

Ordered a set of Wolff springs. Ordered the performance pak. It has a 12 and 16 recoil spring so I can see what I like best for standard 9mm loads.

Offline newageroman

• Press or cry like the rest...
    • The Brass Bucket - Brass Trading Website
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2017, 04:40:23 PM »
Congrats on the PreB and first CZ. I, like you it seems, like the 1911 trigger, but heard so much about these guns I had to dive in with a Buds special (poor grade). I ordered a pre-B, but they sent a B model and a $30 coupon code for the difference.

Whatever you do, don't go to this site and look around - cajungunworks.com

Cheers!
Ricky Ace Range Review: https://rumble.com/c/c-1388111
75B-BullShadow SAO (Limited Optics)
SP-01-SAO-comped (OpenMajor)
97E SAO, 97B, SAR copies
..others..

Offline badwrench

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2017, 03:25:35 PM »
Congrats on the PreB and first CZ. I, like you it seems, like the 1911 trigger, but heard so much about these guns I had to dive in with a Buds special (poor grade). I ordered a pre-B, but they sent a B model and a $30 coupon code for the difference.

Whatever you do, don't go to this site and look around - cajungunworks.com

Cheers!

That's right, CGW is like crack for CZ owners, all it takes is for you to buy a few simple things, extended firing pin, lighter firing pin saftey spring, one of their trigger return springs, and their removable trigger pins, lighter hammer spring, and the next thing you know, you're buying another CZ, and sending it to them to do the full monty on.. it's that bad..

Offline myczaccount

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2017, 03:44:27 PM »
I just ordered a used Pre B from Buds in Fair condition and I?ll prob need to make these modifications as well
CZ 75 SP-01 Tactical
CZ 75 Pre B (1995)
CZ P-07
CZ P-10C
Sig Sauer P365 X Macro
Sig Sauer P226 ASE
Smith & Wesson Shield Plus

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2017, 06:17:30 PM »
Finally got my restoration project Pre B to the range yesterday. Even with the finish all messed up it was perfect. I worked the hammer hooks as far as I dared on the OEM hammer. It isn't like a race hammer or Competition hammer. The sear cage still moves even after I pinned it. The front sight is still blacked out. But... With the frame work, lighter springs, polishing and love it was incredible! It was 100% reliable with an 11 lb CGW hammer spring, lighter firing pin spring, and extended firing pin - - - on S&B primers!!!

You guys are in for a treat when you work on yours!

Offline 03car31

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2017, 10:56:50 AM »
Spent the evening polishing the frame and slide to remove scratches.  I still need to do some work, but it is looking a lot better.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bqickvw1fd3u0g8/20171217_205702.jpg?dl=0

anything