Author Topic: Gun Belt  (Read 578 times)

Offline Thebillsman

Gun Belt
« on: December 08, 2017, 06:59:17 AM »
Hey guys, looking for a new gun belt. I've heard good thing about Bigfoot, are there any other brands worth considering at this point? My main question is should I opt for the steel core? It is .010" thicker and I carry a P-10C IWB.
P-01 Omega : LOK G10s
P-10C FDE : HBi : APLc
P-09 40

Offline HST

Re: Gun Belt
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2017, 08:31:19 AM »
I use a bigfoot belt. The only thing you have to look out for is some holster clips can be hard to put on and take off because of the thickness of the belt.
It's a good stable belt .
P 10
85 B
75 B SA

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2017, 08:44:25 AM »
Wow .. I just went to the bigfoot site. What a freagin bargain at that sale price! Think I need a new belt!

Offline cntrydawwwg

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2017, 08:45:24 AM »
I really like my High Noon belt.
    I’ve also heard good things about the Bigfoot’s.
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline double-d

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2017, 09:17:54 AM »
Own three belts by  http://abetterbeltusa.com

The owner Mike custom made a dye color for me that matches my Milt Sparks VM2 cordovan holsters, the color is now a standard color for them (black cherry).  Again, I Not only am I a fan, two co-workers also purchased belts by ABB.    Check the site, lots of options.

Here is my latest rig.

Offline Thebillsman

« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2017, 09:19:33 AM »
I use a bigfoot belt. The only thing you have to look out for is some holster clips can be hard to put on and take off because of the thickness of the belt.

Yeah, that's kind of why I'm shying away from the steel core. The clip on my DARA is pretty stiff. Do you think a leather 14oz would be okay with the P-10C? It's not like I'm tucking a 1911 or full size 75B.
P-01 Omega : LOK G10s
P-10C FDE : HBi : APLc
P-09 40

Offline HST

« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2017, 09:28:29 AM »
I switched a couple of my holsters to Ulti Clip  holster clips so i can clip right to my pants and it
hides the clip behind the belt.
P 10
85 B
75 B SA

Offline Boriqua

• Boriqua Leather
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2017, 03:04:06 PM »

Yeah, that's kind of why I'm shying away from the steel core. The clip on my DARA is pretty stiff. Do you think a leather 14oz would be okay with the P-10C? It's not like I'm tucking a 1911 or full size 75B.

Its a really light gun so you don't need a ton of belt to hold it. Having said that ..14 oz is more than enough but 2 pieces glued and sewn together that equals 14 oz will always be stiffer and stay stiffer longer than a single piece of 14 oz. I have seen some attractively priced belts that were made of heavy skirting leather but were single layer. I personally would pass.

A buy it once kind of thing.

Offline DWARREN

• Grumpy Old Guy
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2017, 08:35:45 PM »
I have a couple from "The Beltman" and really like them.
SHUT UP AND RELOAD!

Offline studenygreg

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2017, 08:05:59 PM »
Kore essentials gun belt. I've had mine for a few months now. Trim to fit. Ratchet sizing is great because I can adjust easily when I sit or stand. The buckles are swappable. Its great for IWB. I haven't tried it out OWB yet.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Offline oldfrank

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2017, 02:38:09 PM »
I have a beltman and it is a good belt. Really hard to get through some kydex pancake holsters.

There is a seller on ebay "$30 gun belts" and I bought one of those. I sometimes have to look when putting it on to see which one it is. Not as nice as beltman's but a pretty good belt for the price.

Offline SI VIS PACEM PARRABELLUM

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 04:57:35 AM »
I like my High Noon gun belt. The steel core makes for a snug belt that stays in place and keeps your gun where you want it. I've tried other non steel core gun belts and while the quality was good they would sag constantly and I was always readjusting their position.

Offline PJCZ

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 02:12:26 PM »
As others have already suggested, go with a two layer leather belt. I've had great experience with Armour Belt and highly recommend them. Beltman and A Better Belt are also fine choices.

Offline Chicago Dude

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2017, 06:50:13 PM »
I have Bigfoot,and it's nice, but this Cobra belt is the best :

https://www.vedderholsters.com/cobra-quick-release-gun-belt/

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 04:43:44 AM »
I have used the High Noon Rock Steady gun belt for years, and never looked back, wonderful belt. Now if I could quit adding inches to that waistline.

anything