Author Topic: CZ 75 compact shadow line....euro-only?  (Read 5963 times)

Offline ernie_h

CZ 75 compact shadow line....euro-only?
« on: December 09, 2017, 01:02:04 PM »
Every so often I wander over to the czub site to see what's there that's not on the USA site......happened to find this:

https://www.czub.cz/cz/cz-75-compact-shadow-line.html

.....no idea whether or not this is a new model or it's been there and I never noticed it.....but darned if I don't want one  8)

EDIT: to save you the trouble, here's the google translate:
The SHADOW LINE Series pistols are based on the proven CZ 75 SP-01 D Compact pistol concepts. They are based on customers' comments and their demands to adapt these three pistols to a more modern look and more sporty use. This is a modern design of traditional weapons and the use of the features of the world-famous CZ 75 SP-01 SHADOW.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 01:06:07 PM by ernie_h »

Offline Kk4364

Re: CZ 75 compact shadow line....euro-only?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 01:04:22 PM »
A friend of mine picked one of these up CSL. The trigger is amazing. I have not seen one for sale EVER!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks, Kevin

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 01:11:30 PM »
Thanks....yea. looks like it's been around for a bit (should've done a search first).....but darn, given the way the 99021's sold here and the excellent rep they have (granted there weren't that many).....if it's still on the czub site...heck, send 'em over here...won't be long before they're all sold!

Offline Kk4364

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 01:13:21 PM »
I was able to snag a 99021 at lgs for $599 and love it so far.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks, Kevin

Offline thedude

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 08:46:16 PM »
Why not a Shadow 2 compact?  O0

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 12:24:05 AM »
I'd buy Shadow 2 Compact immediately! I've wanted a Shadow line compact since I first wandered over to the CZ UB website and they are why I jumped on the 99021 batch when they showed up. Held and dry fired a Shadow 2 today and it was amazing! Can't imagine a Shadow 2 Compact, just lust!
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2017, 10:23:02 AM »
A little background on and review of the Shadow Line. http://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=2206

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2017, 11:54:50 AM »
A little background on and review of the Shadow Line. http://www.smallarmsreview.com/display.article.cfm?idarticles=2206

Lust didn't go away after that...

Offline Shadow knows

« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2018, 12:39:26 AM »
Good read.  Anyone have all 3 sisters in their collection?

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2018, 01:02:10 AM »
The Shadow line compact is in stock at CZ Custom right now. Just incase anyone on this thread was interested.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 02:03:50 AM »
I have the full size.

Offline Texf6

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 07:34:50 AM »
Try the P100 from Tristar.  Have this in addition to a 75b compact.  Both are great.

Texf6

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 08:44:09 AM »
The Shadow line compact is in stock at CZ Custom right now. Just incase anyone on this thread was interested.

Hi Scarlett....yea, once I saw your other thread, I called Stuart.....should be here today. I couldn't start a thread like this and then not get one...just wouldn't be right :-)

Offline twowheels

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 09:05:42 AM »
I want one badly too but I'm trying to practice restraint.  I really don't need one and I like my p 01 omega so very much.  It feels right and shoots beautifully.  I really can't see a shadowline being any better in the real world (aside from the fact that it has a no fbp classic 75 action that I can pamper, polish and upgrade with springs, comp hammer, disconnector, cgw sear, etc).   But then the investment skyrockets and it'll likely mostly sit in the safe since 90% of my handgun trigger time is on my sp 01 shadow.

Offline Psyop96

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 10:24:48 AM »
I want one badly too but I'm trying to practice restraint.  I really don't need one and I like my p 01 omega so very much.  It feels right and shoots beautifully.  I really can't see a shadowline being any better in the real world (aside from the fact that it has a no fbp classic 75 action that I can pamper, polish and upgrade with springs, comp hammer, disconnector, cgw sear, etc).   But then the investment skyrockets and it'll likely mostly sit in the safe since 90% of my handgun trigger time is on my sp 01 shadow.
My sentiments are similar on the capabilities of that line. Just my opinion based on the Pazdera article, this line was targeted to the home/European market as an easy-to-get factory upgrade back then. In the States, those upgrades and many more options are already available and we have such fine shops as CZC, CGW, etc, to fuel our needs to make changes