Author Topic: Shooters Element Trigger Bad Experience  (Read 2342 times)

Offline chupacabra

Shooters Element Trigger Bad Experience
« on: December 09, 2017, 06:26:45 PM »
Hello,
I just wanted to share my bad experience installing this trigger. I bought it maybe 1-2 months ago and decided to do the full job of installing it along with the hbi spring and some internal polishing. The trigger wont align at all... me and my bud tried many times with no success. After you push the roll pin one one side and you approach thenother side the teigger will simply twist. It wont get straight no matter what i did... tried the whole night and then decided to give it another try today but no good. The trigger upper side got expanded from getting hit.  The plastic part broke because of the pressure that was applied to the smaller roll pin (since it wasnt aligning some pressure went against this smaller pin). I emailed SE about this issue but got no response, i even tried contacting them thru FB but nothing :-( i feel i wasted $35 and i dont dare or want to buy another one from them.

Its a shame since i like how it looks better then hbi trigger (not that it looks bad but I prefer the other look). Has anyone had a similar issue?

Offline chops

Re: Shooters Element Trigger Bad Experience
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 07:17:11 PM »
I am sending both my lowers to SE  Monday for trigger, spring & polish. don't trust myself.  Good luck.

Offline omg

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 07:40:45 PM »
How long ago did you email? Something tells me you're not giving him enough time to respond. I have two scorpions outfitted by him including the trigger pack polish. The customer service and communication was fantastic.

Offline AZ_CZ

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 10:06:54 PM »
Talked and emailed with SE several times and had nothing but good feedback. He even offered to meet with me on a Saturday to do a weld drill and trigger job while I waited. I know it's nice to get instant feedback on an issue, I just went through that, but personally cut the small one-man shops some slack. Especially on a weekend just in case they are wrapped up in personal life issues.
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 11:09:11 PM »
It's the weekend. He shouldn't be expected to reply until Monday. Mine went in no problem, one of the easiest fcg's I've worked on.

Offline coanan

« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2017, 11:11:30 PM »
Might have bought the trigger shoe they use on their own triggers packs, it's different.  That's what I did by mistake.

Offline Charlie-2-6

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 03:14:55 AM »
Did you try to tap in the roll pin with a hammer? Because that's the initial mistake I made.  Solution was pretty simple,  I used a vise to press in the pin. Worked like a charm.

Offline ShootersElement

• www.ShootersElement.com
    • Shooters Element
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2018, 10:17:11 AM »
Hi guys, I'm a little disappointed instead of letting Shooters Element resolve the problem this post was created before getting final resolution. It is what is is, so I'll take some time to briefly address the issue. I (personally) was able to talk with the customer about the issue providing some trouble shooting tips, however we were not able to resolve the issue via email (note all my emails have my phone number on them for quick calls). I asked the customer to send the trigger and trigger pack into us and I was able to put the trigger sent in on the sear and install it into the pack without issue. During the process I even performed a full polish and tune up job for free. I feel we went above and beyond to satisfy the customers concerns on what appears to be a faulty installation, however some times these trigger can be hard to install and I get that can be frustrating, however I don't feel that warrants the negative press we got from this specific transaction. After examining the trigger it appears the holes were not aligned when the roll pin was driven through causing a bit of pinching, and caused the trigger block on the trigger to become damaged and fail. After getting the trigger back and putting a new block on it we installed it on the sear with very little effort.

In the future, if any one trying to assemble a trigger on a sear has an issue, please stop and call or email right away and we will do our best to help you. This is one reason why we suggest gunsmith installation on our products.

Thank-you all for your time and chance to share our perspective and I hope we adequately satisfied this customers needs for his scorpion.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 10:38:59 AM by ShootersElement »
CZ Scorpion accessories

www.ShootersElement.com

Like us on Facebook:www.facebook.com/ShootersElement
Check us out on Instagram:https://www.instagram.com/shooters_element

Offline fisterkev

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2018, 12:49:18 PM »
This is why I sent mine off to them. If you don't know what you're doing, the absolute last thing you should do is try and force it or figure it out yourself.

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2018, 05:58:33 PM »
I don?t see how you screw up putting a trigger in the EVO. It was a simple swap and polish job for me and I?m not the great at gunsmithing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline firststrike51

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 06:25:35 AM »
Well at least the OP came back and apologized for screwing up an easy install and then being an impatient bleeper when contacting shooters element :o

Offline kingsman29

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 08:28:02 AM »
I have one installed. Didn?t do it myself. Looks great and I enjoy it.

Offline 3guneric

« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2018, 01:34:30 PM »
Sometimes installs that look really easy end up being a PITA.  I had no luck installing the HBI springs.  It looks easy as pie but things just would not hold their positions.  HBI did the install for me at their request.