Author Topic: Springfield Armory 10mm?  (Read 1492 times)

Offline Earl Keese

Re: Springfield Armory 10mm?
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2017, 08:10:07 PM »
I had a Para LS Hunter, enjoyed it for a year or so then sold it for a nice profit. It was nicely fit for a production gun, ION Bond coated and nice to look at. For me, the 1911 frame isn't very well suited to 10mm. Palm swell rubber grips and an arched MSH helped tremendously, but it just didn't handle as well as some other platforms that are available.
 The CZ fanatic in me would love to have a Witness Hunter, but. . .After shooting a Glock in 10mm, I was very impressed. It felt like it was made for the caliber. I really don't care for glocks at all, but that gun flat out worked. If I was going to spend $1800 on a 1911 10mm it would be a DW. Springfield ain't what it used to be.

Offline Tim_B

« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2017, 09:20:42 PM »
I do like the look of the EAA Witness models.  I may buy one of those too.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2017, 02:49:23 PM »
What other 1911 10mm offerings would you consider better?

I didn't intend and didn't specify 1911s.  But since you ask -- Dan Wesson.  At a similar price point?  It wouldn't even be a question. 

I am also not bashing SA.  I just don't get why someone who did not shoot 10mm already, or someone who was thinking maybe they wanted to shoot 10mm but hadn't yet come across a pistol that drove them to buy one... I don't understand that person seeing the marketing and saying "TRP in 10mm?  Oh, I've got to have that..." where THAT is the pistol that pushes them over the edge.     That's all I was saying.  ;)

Offline RockSemiAuto

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2017, 03:58:35 PM »
What other 1911 10mm offerings would you consider better?

I didn't intend and didn't specify 1911s.  But since you ask -- Dan Wesson.  At a similar price point?  It wouldn't even be a question. 

I am also not bashing SA.  I just don't get why someone who did not shoot 10mm already, or someone who was thinking maybe they wanted to shoot 10mm but hadn't yet come across a pistol that drove them to buy one... I don't understand that person seeing the marketing and saying "TRP in 10mm?  Oh, I've got to have that..." where THAT is the pistol that pushes them over the edge.     That's all I was saying.  ;)

All good. My main reason is that I was already thinking about a TRP in .45 so I would go with a 10mm instead since I already have a few 1911s in .45. As far as not shooting a 10mm yet, gotta start sometime.  Plus, it seems that is what all the cool kids are buying these days. 8) 8)

anything