Author Topic: Kadet kit for P-09 ejection  (Read 275 times)

Online Kelsw

Kadet kit for P-09 ejection
« on: December 11, 2017, 11:47:13 PM »
Took my P-09 Kadet kit out to the range and ran some CCI mini mags thru it everything worked fine (no issues cycling ) . Was trying to get use to all black sights older eyes . My question is I had some brass fly back on my head and shoulders , is this a normal ejection pattern . My second question is can I change the front to a fiber and if I can which one . Looks like it has a hex screw in front of the sight . Thanks for any info .

Offline BionKiwi963

Re: Kadet kit for P-09 ejection
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 09:07:46 PM »
I tried my P-09 Kadet this weekend. 280 rounds. I also got a lot of brass flying into my face and shoulders. I did experience several failure to feed--mostly with CCI, so I switched to Remington 36gr, which had no malfunctions except one misfire (bad round).

Only 50% of the time did the slide lock back on empty. What was your experience?

Despite my problems, the kit is still worth it. The Remington 36gr, on sale, is $0.06/round, so I can shoot for less than 1/3 the cost of 9mm.

The Guardian

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2018, 12:19:37 AM »
Only 50% of the time did the slide lock back on empty. What was your experience?

More than likely its the slide stop/release lever is not being pushed up by the follower, the plastic part that pushes the rounds up in the magazine. Its pretty easy to check.....remove the slide, reinsert the slide stop and insert a mag to see if the slide stop rotates up with the follower pushing it.  In my experience if whichever slide stop you are using is not rotating with the mag follower pushing it every time you need to check that the machined notch on the end of the slide stop is actually lined up with the slide stop tension/retaining spring...this can be done by removing the slide stop and placing the slide stop on top of the frame above where it normally slides through the frame and visually check to see if the notch and tension spring actually line up properly. If not try one of the other or even the original slide stops until one lines up properly.  Secondly, ensure the follower from the mag follower properly still pushes the rear portion of the slide stop up, hence it will lock the slide back when fully assembled.  There is only one other thing that can be done if all of this is okay.......I'll check back and provide more info if necessary, hopefully one of the things I've mentioned will fix the issue  ???
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 12:22:25 AM by The Guardian »

Offline Joe L

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2018, 08:14:18 AM »
Also, add some light oil to the shaft of the slide stop.  I have to do that regularly on the 75B Kadet.
Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C

The Guardian

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2018, 11:10:00 AM »
Also, add some light oil to the shaft of the slide stop.  I have to do that regularly on the 75B Kadet.
Joe

Good point.....I’ve even polished the slide stop on occasion....every little bit helps.  :)