Author Topic: What Huglu models are the base for CZ shotguns?  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Diamond Jim

What Huglu models are the base for CZ shotguns?
« on: December 12, 2017, 09:44:38 AM »
Hello All, we don't have CZ-USA Downunder so we don't have access to the CZ-USA models like the Sharp-Tail etc. however Winchester Australia distributes Huglu shotguns here. Does anybody know which Huglu model forms the base of the gun sold as a CZ Sharp-Tail? In fact, any information on the U&O models would also be of interest.
Cheers, Jim

Offline IronicTwitch

Re: What Huglu models are the base for CZ shotguns?
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 02:36:47 PM »
I'm not an expert, but I'm not finding enough detail on the Huglu website as what CZ-USA details:

http://cz-usa.com/product/cz-sharp-tail-12-gauge-28-barrels/
"Sharp-Tail is an entirely new action. Much smaller overall, it now features coil springs instead of leaf springs and sports the same color case-hardened finish. With a single selectable mechanical trigger and pistol grip, the Sharp-Tail is one the sharpest-looking side-by-sides on the market and has some important new features. Updated with new technology, the one-piece CNCed receiver now has independent floating firing pins, coil spring operated hammers and newly designed sears."

On the Huglu website, just from appearances I assumed the 200 ACE would be similar, but it notes it is a forged receiver (not CNC'ed like CZ USA mentions) and ejectors (instead of extractor on CZ).  There are a couple other models for Huglu that offer extractors though.  Base gun seems everything in the Huglu 200 series translates into a CZ Sharptail, but fit and finish-wise the ACE seems the closest.

http://www.huglu.com.tr/urun/side-by-side/200-ace?type=1212

Offline Diamond Jim

Re: What Huglu models are the base for CZ shotguns?
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2017, 03:48:13 AM »
Thanks IronicTwitch, I hadn't found that site previously. When I searched for Huglu I found another site with the same guns but different model codes. It looks like the Sharp-Tail might be based on the the 200AC rather than the 200ACE. I'm guessing the "E" identifies an ejector and no"E" means its an extractor. The "C" seems to identify sideplate guns and the "A" - well I'm still working on that one. It seems Winchester Australia only import the 200AE (without the sideplates) and I'd be quite happy with an ejector.
Cheers, Jim
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 03:59:11 AM by Diamond Jim »

anything