Author Topic: Close-up video of Kadet trigger pull during bullseye practice on Sunday  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Joe L

I went to the range on Sunday and made a video during single hand bullseye pistol shooting at 50 and then 25 yards, one target slow fire, one timed, and one rapid.  Two of the three target results were good.  One not so good. 

I moved in with the camera to get a much tighter shot of the Kadet and red dot sight,as well as my sometimes pretty good trigger control.  Maybe this will be helpful to someone, I hope so. 

It was 30F and I forgot to put a drop of oil on the top round after cleaning the Kadet chamber, etc. on Saturday, so I had to manually chamber the 2nd and 3rd rounds of the day, but no problems after that.  The gun warms up, there is a little lube just from the wax on the Norma Tac 22 on the chamber and ramp, so the gun functions 100% after the "clean and dry" condition is eliminated.  My theory is that the dry chamber adds just enough drag on the slide to slow it down enough so that it doesn't go to the rear far enough to catch the next round.   The only shooter malfunctions occurred while I was checking video and audio equipment instead of just shooting.  I didn't edit out the one bad wiggle shot at about 12:00 in the video, where I was nearly shaking the gun on the first shot and put the shot high right out of frame.  It happens sometimes when I have missed a week, as in being out of town over Thanksgiving. 

I will try to shoot some videos from a rest on Wednesday or Thursday, probably with a center fire gun however, not the .22. 

This is fun.  This is not easy. 

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Earl Keese

Re: Close-up video of Kadet trigger pull during bullseye practice on Sunday
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 07:56:29 PM »
Very informative video, thanks for putting it together.

Offline redlightrich

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2017, 08:42:24 AM »
Thank you for taking the time to post that Joe. I have learned a lot from you, and continue to do so.

Thank you again, I certainly appreciate people willing to share, instead of hoarding, their knowledge.

Merry Christmas

Rich

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 10:43:42 AM »
I'm in the process of watching this. Thank you for posting it! Slow fire is my weakness. Keeping my focus on one thing and my kind clear is hard. When I go faster, like for a stage, I have a stage plan and as the buzzer goes there's just one thing I have to do, see the sights as the gun fires. It's hard to explain for me, but when I'm doing it it is like the Broan Enos theory of seeing your shot through. My find feels clear, no blinking or flinching, I know I see the sights on target as the trigger breaks. But in slow fire its off and on for me. I have to really push to see my sights very specifically and see it through. You might address this further in the video. But even seeing your steady grip through the trigger pull is helpful for me to visualize a steady grip.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline Joe L

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 06:12:08 AM »
Thanks for the comments. 

I just went back and watched my own video from December.  This one IS pretty good.  I tried to do some of the things requested in another post when I asked for comments on what folks would benefit from in a video.  One was more narration of what was going on in my mind while shooting bullseye.  Another was a close up of the trigger control.  This one covered those pretty well, for once.  I could have left out the rapid fire target, but other than that, this one is good.  (I cleaned a rapid fire target in January, but you wouldn't have ever going to happen after watching this video!)

It actually helps me get my mind right to narrate some during the shooting.  I'll try to do that more in future videos.   I still haven't figured out how to make .22 holes show up without putting the camera in front of the target...and that can be hard on the camera.   If there is a shot out hole in the backer so that the target sheet is clear from behind, the holes show up, even shooting from an angle but we replace the target stand backers too often to guarantee that.  :) :) :)   

Joe
CZ-75B 9mm and Kadet, 97B"E", two P-09's, P-07, P-10C, P-10F, P-10S, MTR

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 07:36:29 AM »
Thanks Joe, very informative video. Unfortunately, my club doesn't have any Bullseye matches on the calendar for this year. More practice time for me I guess.  :(

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 12:15:50 AM »
Ha, I saw the post title show up and just immediately watched the video. I was all excited you were doing one of your trigger finger again and talking me through it. It seemed extra familiar and I was wondering why you cleaned your Kadet again... lol old post.

But my 4 year old watched it with me so it was double the goodness.

I?m happy for just one camera shot and any narration that is productive for you.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

anything