Author Topic: Mr Fly trigger to CZ 455 with serial No smaller than A956497  (Read 252 times)

Offline VictorHSR

Mr Fly trigger to CZ 455 with serial No smaller than A956497
« on: December 19, 2017, 11:20:02 AM »
Did anybody get a Mr. Fly trigger set successfully assembled in a CZ 455 with serial number smaller than A956497? Did it need a hard gunsmith job? I would like to buy this trigger set and get it assembled in my CZ 455 Supermatch to allow me more trigger adjustment possibilities - I use it for 50m standing matches here in Brasil (paper target). Thank you guys!

Offline Trblshtr

Re: Mr Fly trigger to CZ 455 with serial No smaller than A956497
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 07:49:17 AM »
Here are pics showing the difference between the "A" series and "B" series 455 inletting:

First, A series

...and B series

As you can see, the B series stock has additional relief in front of and behind the trigger to allow room for the now recalled/discontinued 455 single set trigger.  I'm sure most any competent smith could hog out the extra material to fit a Mr. Fly.  Another option might be a 4 piece trigger spring kit and adjustable sear from diproducts dot com, which would eliminate the need for additional inletting.  I've had very good results with that setup in my 455 Varmint, so much so that I have yet to try the Fly trigger I bought.  Being in Brasil, it might depend more on which is easier to import.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 09:43:53 AM by Trblshtr »
Steve

Offline bamajoey

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 07:19:39 PM »
I have one of the earlier 455 stocks, so I can't use the Fly trigger without some woodworking. But with a 4 oz trigger using a Fastenal spring and an adjustable sear, I would only gain a half ounce with the Fly.

Offline openspaces

« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 10:50:49 PM »
Also worth adding that the Mr Fly trigger doesn't meet my needs as a 2 stage trigger. I prefer a much heavier "wall" on the second stage. Haven't been able to get there. I'm still trying different springs but my assumption is I'll lose the ability for the low trigger pull weight.

As noted above a spring replacement and adjustable sear is cheaper and in many ways as good as the mr fly. (In my opinion)