Author Topic: Any 805 PS1 pistol owners (14x1LH threaded muzzle) change their muzzle device?  (Read 3331 times)

Offline westernhaikus1

Hey guys, new to the forum, registered just to get some input on changing the factory muzzle device on my Bren 805 PS1 pistol, which is the original model with the 14x1LH threads.

I've read that the barrel is threaded in such a way that just buying a 14x1 flash hider for example can't necessarily just be torqued onto the barrel in place of the old one - not sure I fully understand why though. I haven't taken my factory device off either, and was looking for input on the best way to do that (I've taken muzzle devices off and on an AR15 before). Any help or suggestions would be appreciated!

Thanks

Offline zuhl72

Took mine off with two 9/16" I think wrenches. Replaced it with a Bulgarian 4 piece flash hider in 14/1 thread pitch. Took about 30 seconds to do.

Offline Doug_262

Took mine off with two 9/16" I think wrenches. Replaced it with a Bulgarian 4 piece flash hider in 14/1 thread pitch. Took about 30 seconds to do.

Could you please post pictures fo this?

Offline AntiBOTi

I just installed a Surefire 3 prong 14x1LH flash hider http://www.surefire.com/sf3p-556-m14x1-lh.html.  It was pretty easy to install.  Here is a video on how to do it:

Took off the old one.  Didn't have to heat up to burn off any locktite like I have to on other guns I have.  Then clean the thread and install.  I used a torque wrench set to 25ft-lb with this combo wrench https://www.brownells.com/gunsmith-tools-supplies/rifle-tools/wrenches/ar-15-m16-combination-wrench-sku080216015-468-1992.aspxto do the install.  Otherwise, you may have to grind down your wrench in order to fit in there.

I went with Surefire because it has one with the right threading for a BREN.  I have the same FH on other guns so I can share a SOCOM Mini2 suppressor between them.

Offline TonyB

Took mine off with two 9/16" I think wrenches.
<SNIP>
Took about 30 seconds to do.

Same here except I replaced mine with a Silencerco threaded QD muzzle break for my Ti suppressor

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 05:32:44 PM by TonyB »

Offline westernhaikus1

I am considering getting a Dead Air sandman for my PS1 because Dead Air makes mounts in 14x1L. For those of you with suppressor mounts on your similarly threaded Brens, did you just put your mount into the threads and then torque it down to spec, or did you use the same jam nut that comes from the factory in conjunction with your suppressor mount? From what I have been told jam nuts are a no-go when using suppressors but I wanted to check.

Offline faltion

I just came looking for the same info. Shot my 805 sbr indoors a while back and the little brake is brutal with the short barrel. Mine is the older 14x1L as well. Putting on a 1/2x28 adapter is a possibility but I'd rather not increase length on my sbr if possible. I like the Bulgarian 4 in 1 on my krink, but it's pretty big.

anything