Author Topic: First CZ...lets just say I jumped into the deep end.  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Nimitz87

First CZ...lets just say I jumped into the deep end.
« on: December 29, 2017, 11:13:58 PM »
new to the boards and recently I had a motorcycle accident which has left me having a lot of free time on my hands...I separated my AC joint grade 3, and 4 metacarpals dislocated in my right hand, very lucky to be alive.

with all this free time I've been on youtube and google and have come across the CZ's. I've known about dan wesson being very good quality, and have lusted over a valor for a very long time. I nearly bought a 75B for my first pistol when I was 18, but instead got an RIA 1911. for some reason I was never really aware of the polymer offerings , I've been carrying an M&P9c with full apex setup in a JM custom holster, been very happy with the comfort and concealment of the setup.

well within a few days of being on youtube and looking into an P01 or P07 and finding out I can't do an RMR on a p01, I bought an urban grey p07 without every handling one....first time I've ever done this but I don't think it'll be a mistake.

on top of the new urban grey SR ready p07 I'm sending it out to primary machine for V2 viper cut, their stealth comp,  type2 RMR07 and glock BUIS milled in front, and a sweet cerakote setup I also went ahead and ordered the CGW guide rod and #15lb RS. like I said deep end. :o

I could of bought an dan wesson valor for the cost of the worked up p07 but I think practically this will be a far superior carry setup. Speaking of carry I have a custom JM light bearing holster being worked up. 8)

doesn't mean I can't add the valor to the stable later. 8)

I plan on shooting the !@## out of it with the stock trigger, been reading over the sticky from Schmeky on how to smooth the action, and it's definitely something I plan on doing and probably add some CGW parts down the road.

I've learned so much already in the short time I've been here this place is a gold mine for DA/SA knowledge. ;D

NOW to the !@##ty part.

I don't know how long it's going to be untl I'm able to shoot my sweet ass new gun, hopefully within a month or so, it'll be good motivation to get back into shape asap. the wait and torture is going to kill me I think.

edit: here is a fun picture of my right hand a week after the accident (happened the 4th of dec) and yes I'm right handed.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2017, 11:28:27 PM by Nimitz87 »

Offline nickshawn

Re: First CZ...lets just say I jumped into the deep end.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2017, 11:26:44 PM »
Heal up fast and get to shooting!

Offline Alcoy

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2017, 11:35:59 PM »
Get well soon!

Offline 30-30

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2017, 11:50:16 PM »
Hi -- that's a great choice first a first CZ

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2017, 11:52:10 PM »
Anticipation is a killer.  8) Take it easy on that hand,  :o, the pistol will still be there. ;) Welcome to the addiction!

Offline DJ45

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 12:01:34 AM »
Ouch!  Yeah I don't think it's supposed to look like that.

Sorry to hear about your accident though.  Get well soon!

Offline Sacred-Avenger

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 12:10:47 AM »
Ouch, get well soon!

Offline Nimitz87

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 01:04:49 PM »
thanks everyone.

pistol should be here next wed, along with my RMR , plan on sending the slide out either wed/thurs. going with a digi cam pattern. 8)

Offline GeneticallySwiss

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 01:56:52 PM »
Welcome to the forum and to the world of CZ.  I shared your love for motorcycles (I loved my Kawi ZX-10 & ZX-14), but kinda had to give that hobby up because I?ve been broken so many times.  Nowadays I have screws and metal parts holding me together on top of being 70% disabled by the VA.  I simply can?t afford to be broken again.  But it doesn?t stop me from shooting my CZ?s!!! 8). Again, welcome and heal up quick.

GS
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

- Douglas Bader -

Offline dave33

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 03:39:00 PM »
The good news is the P series guns already shoot incredibly soft, add the comp and some lightning cuts to it and you wont even have to wait for the swelling to go down.   ;D ;D ;D

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 09:11:20 PM »
GS, do we start calling you Evel now? Ouch.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 09:53:35 PM »
God speed!

Suggest working on your left hand shooting to tide you over.

Perhaps redirect that bike insurance into some smaller machinery, if you know what I mean! O0

Glad to see you acknowledged this CZ as being ypur "first" 8)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 09:55:30 PM by Tyerone, Reason: "First CZ" »

Offline Nimitz87

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 10:42:20 PM »
God speed!

Perhaps redirect that bike insurance into some smaller machinery, if you know what I mean! O0

that is the plan ;D however I also have a grade 3 AC separation....so left arm is in a sling right hand/wrist in a brace. going to be at least a little while...

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 12:54:40 AM »
You need to start wearing a Nerf bodysuit! ;D

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 08:05:33 AM »
God speed!

that is the plan ;D however I also have a grade 3 AC separation....so left arm is in a sling right hand/wrist in a brace. going to be at least a little while...
Back in 1990 I was hit by a drunk driver. Right wrist broken in 7 places, and left humorous broke at the shoulder socket. Human beings weren't meant for flight, but I stuck the landing. Lucky for me the surgeries were staggered so time with both sides immobilized was minimized. I feel your pain! Hope your recovery is smooth.