Author Topic: First CZ...lets just say I jumped into the deep end.  (Read 2823 times)

skin

Re: First CZ...lets just say I jumped into the deep end.
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 09:18:01 AM »
Get well soon. Now might be a good time to learn to shoot left handed.

Offline GeneticallySwiss

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 11:04:48 AM »
GS, do we start calling you Evel now? Ouch.

Not quite that bad...thank God. 8). The pain meds help. ;D

GS
"Rules are for the obedience of fools and guidance of wise men"

- Douglas Bader -

Offline Rickytick

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 11:12:37 AM »
I worked many motorcycle wrecks in 25 years of police work, not a single motorcycle won. It may not sound like it but you are way ahead of the aftermath. Heal quickly and much happy shooting.

Offline Nimitz87

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 12:40:21 PM »
I worked many motorcycle wrecks in 25 years of police work, not a single motorcycle won. It may not sound like it but you are way ahead of the aftermath. Heal quickly and much happy shooting.

this I know and understand, I always wear my gear all the time, full race boots, gloves, etc. I was very lucky the way it turned out.

basically I was making a left turn on a 2 lane turn lane, first one in line outside lane, as the light turns green and i start going the car on my inside moves right, i move right to avoid, they keep coming and never saw me, Florida old couple etc.

i ended up in the easement jumped a curb and clipped a telephone pole with my right hand/side, if I was a few feet further to the left it would of been a head on impact with a pole at about 30-40, very easily could of broke my neck etc.

thanks for the well wishes everyone. hoping by the time the pistol gets back from primary I can shoot secondary (left) handed sure glad I got that comp now :)

Offline FakeCZName

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2017, 07:45:29 PM »
I shot left-handed for the very first time in my life last week. I am getting shoulder surgery on Thursday this week on my right shoulder, so I was curious to see if I could shoot left-handed if I had to. I put them all in the pie plate at 10 yards (surprisingly) and found it was still fun to shoot left-handed. Right handed I can put them cloverleafed together, but I won't be doing that with my right hand for a month or so after surgery.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2017, 08:34:50 PM »
First, are you giving up on the motorcycles - or at least riding them out there where the cars/trucks and drivers that don't seem to see motorcycles?

Second, why can't you put an RMR on a P01?  I had a DP Pro cut made on my wife's CZ 75 Compact and installed the DP Pro when we got it back from Primary Machine.  Works great, so far.  Been thinking about changing out that battery, it's been a year now.

I did ger an RMR put on my P07 (Primary Machine again) and I'll bet you'll really like yours once you can get it to the range.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Nimitz87

« Reply #21 on: January 01, 2018, 07:53:18 PM »
First, are you giving up on the motorcycles - or at least riding them out there where the cars/trucks and drivers that don't seem to see motorcycles?

Second, why can't you put an RMR on a P01?  I had a DP Pro cut made on my wife's CZ 75 Compact and installed the DP Pro when we got it back from Primary Machine.  Works great, so far.  Been thinking about changing out that battery, it's been a year now.

I did ger an RMR put on my P07 (Primary Machine again) and I'll bet you'll really like yours once you can get it to the range.

I'm not sure to be honest, I emailed primary and they said it was too short.

not giving up on the bikes, but probably won't be commuting m-f and using it as primary transportation, weekend rides and track days are the future.

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2018, 09:38:22 PM »
Not sure about length of the RMR vs. the DP Pro.  Maybe that's the issue.

Don't have a picture from the top either, just the side.  The DP Pro add on back up rear sight does stick out past the back of the slide but it's not an issue for a DA/SA pistol.  Maybe the RMR is too long???

I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Edward_Teach

« Reply #23 on: January 03, 2018, 01:19:22 AM »

These sadly are not my cz's but RMR seems to fit just fine

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Glock Gen 5
When you want 1982 innovation today

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #24 on: January 03, 2018, 07:49:40 AM »
You can?t mill a 75 series slide for an RMR unless you use the Trijicon 1911 adaptor plate. Mounting the optic directly to the slide like with any other optic won?t work as the mounting screw locations are wider than the slide.

Offline DOC 1500

« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2018, 09:17:19 AM »
How about a Vortex Viper on a po1
JOHN 3:16
2 COR.5:17
A Lie is a Lie even if everybody believes it ,
The Truth is the Truth even if nobody believes it !!!

Offline Raining_Brass

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2018, 09:43:51 AM »
Anything else will fit. RMR is the only thing that won't without a plate.

Viper and DP Pro do look a little silly because they're so wide, but they will work.

Offline ernie_h

« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2018, 01:09:41 PM »
Welcome to the 4m. Sorry to hear about the mc accident.....OTOH, if 'all' you hurt was a hand (and, of course, the bike) you are indeed lucky (not to diminish the severity of the hand injury or the pain). Been there, done that, but unfortunately it was a bit more serious. At least the pain meds are helping you...and, no, I did not give up riding. Hey, you learn from these things (which are hopefully never permanently debilitating) and improve from there (even though it was the other guys "fault" as far as insurance was concerned, I never assume that 'there's nothing I could have done' to prevent it). Rickytick made a good point, and one that I never forget....motorcycles never win these sorts of things. Hopefully the bike is repairable.....or, if not...heck, you get to go out and buy something else!
Heal quickly, and enjoy your CZ!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 01:12:32 PM by ernie_h »

Offline M1A4ME

« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2018, 03:14:40 PM »
Anything else will fit. RMR is the only thing that won't without a plate.

Viper and DP Pro do look a little silly because they're so wide, but they will work.

That's what I think when I look at it, too.  Silly.  But she's happy with it and that's what counts.

Besides, anything that shoots/works that well, why does it matter what it looks like?

Offline Nimitz87

« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2018, 04:45:01 PM »
alright dudes as promised here she is, only thing I need to do now is stipple it, I'm waiting on some inverted cone bits to do the recessed borders.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 04:47:28 PM by Nimitz87 »