Author Topic: Cajunized Canik p120  (Read 2966 times)

Offline leightoncash

Cajunized Canik p120
« on: December 30, 2017, 10:13:47 PM »
I thought I'd share my P120.  I've installed the CGW race hammer, adjustable sear, spring kit, 10lb recoil spring, floating trigger pin and reduced power TRS.  I polished everything, and drilled and tapped the trigger for a overtravel screw. Dawson comp sights, grip tape and CZ rubber grips.

The SA trigger pull is as good as I've felt on friends' highly tuned CZ SP01s.  DA pull is super smooth. 

I put this together for USPSA production division.  I regularly shoot limited division with a cz TS.  This canik is every bit the equal of its CZ counterparts.  It shoots fast, acvurate, almost no muzzle flip.  I'm really loving it!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Offline AZ_CZ

Re: Cajunized Canik p120
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 12:12:11 AM »
Nice!
CZ Fanbot since 1996

Offline Hypo

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 01:53:01 PM »
I have an L-120 I want to start in on that I will use for EDC.

Grip tape kit or DIY?
How about a short reset or reach reduction?
Are those possible? 
Extended firing pin?

« Last Edit: December 31, 2017, 02:03:18 PM by Hypo »

Offline leightoncash

« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 05:32:05 PM »
I have an L-120 I want to start in on that I will use for EDC.

Grip tape kit or DIY?
How about a short reset or reach reduction?
Are those possible? 
Extended firing pin?
I honestly don't know about the reach reduction or extended FP.  Mine has no issues setting off winchester primers with a 13lb hammer spring.  If I was trying to go with a 10lb or lower, I'd be looking for an extended pin. 
My grip tape is skateboard tape cut to fit.  But I can't imagine grip tape on a concealed carry piece, seems like it would catch on your clothes.

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 09:52:50 PM »
I thought I'd share my P120.  I've installed the CGW race hammer, adjustable sear, spring kit, 10lb recoil spring, floating trigger pin and reduced power TRS.  I polished everything, and drilled and tapped the trigger for a overtravel screw. Dawson comp sights, grip tape and CZ rubber grips.

The SA trigger pull is as good as I've felt on friends' highly tuned CZ SP01s.  DA pull is super smooth. 

I put this together for USPSA production division.  I regularly shoot limited division with a cz TS.  This canik is every bit the equal of its CZ counterparts.  It shoots fast, acvurate, almost no muzzle flip.  I'm really loving it!

I agree with you on that.

What's more - My Canik P120 is manufactured much better than any of my CZ's other  than the 99021.
Trigger bar was smoother, very little needed to be worked over and smoothed out.

For the price (Roughly $400), you can have a really nice cajunized gun for the price of a CZ.
I intend on getting some more just for fun. You really can't beat the Canik value.

I wouldn't have believed it until I bought one and was astonished at the build quality with respect to other CZ's (and clones)

Offline Underwhere

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 09:54:12 PM »
One note: The beavertail is better on the SP01.
The P120 has less of an upswept angle and it's less rounded...thus a bit tougher on the hand.

Offline inthevalley

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2018, 06:14:02 PM »
Cool gun! It says a lot that you are happy enough with it to shoot in comps when you run a TS.

Since you also run the TS, I am wondering how different are your split times and transition times between the two pistols?

Offline leightoncash

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2018, 07:11:32 PM »
Cool gun! It says a lot that you are happy enough with it to shoot in comps when you run a TS.

Since you also run the TS, I am wondering how different are your split times and transition times between the two pistols?
My split times are identical on close targets, a little faster on far targets with the 9mm p120, vs the .40 TS, mainly because the p120's sights settle just a hair faster. They are both about as good as you can get for their respective USPSA divisions. 

Offline leightoncash

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2018, 07:13:53 PM »
I'd say transitions are pretty close, but probably faster with the p120 because it's a little lighter. 

anything