Author Topic: Half cock on B (safety) model-  (Read 4490 times)

Offline beagleye

Half cock on B (safety) model-
« on: January 01, 2018, 04:44:46 PM »
Hello and thanks in advance for your help.

I am considering buying a RAMI. Still researching.

Is half cocked carry an option on the B model, is it considered prudent?

I gather it is an option on the BD.

Please advise.

Thanks!

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
Re: Half bleep on B (safety) model-
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2018, 06:01:55 PM »
Yes.
It s the natural choice for DA carry, the same position the de-cocker version brings it down to.  Also, from a safety perspective, with hammer supported, pull the trigger to just release the hammer, get that bugger finger out of there right away to allow the FPB as a backup safety should one slip as you continue guiding the hammer down.

That said, where I prescribe to the partial bleep notch for the full size and PCR, I risk it (all relative) with the Rami and debleep all the way down since I sometimes pocket holster it and like the wee bit extra margin of hammer down.  The FPB still plays an active role once put in this mode, fully debleeped.  The bugger finger just disables the FPB for a SIGNIFICANTLY longer period during the manual debleeping process completely vs using the partial bleep notch.

I hope that makes sense.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 06:36:22 PM by Tyerone »

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2018, 06:38:55 PM »
Is it just my device, or has the forum "bleeped" substituted words that might be mistaken for male chickens, lol?

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2018, 06:44:11 PM »
Now I'm curious.

Are you guys substituting bleep for cock?  Or is a moderator?  Or do we have a new software system that doesn't understand  the design/nomenclature of the BD model CZ pistols?

Now, to the question the OP raised.  If you want to carry with the hammer on the half cock notch, why not buy a BD model/design pistol.  CZ makes compacts (some models of the P01, the PCR are a couple, the P01, the P01 Omega come from the factory set up with decock levers with installation of the safeties in place of the decocking levers optional by the new owner and I've seen Rami's with either safety or decocker = two different models).

In order to get the B models (guns with a thumb safety) on half cock you've got to hold/stop the hammer from falling on the firing pin when you pull the trigger to get the hammer off the full cock notch.  Yes it can be done.  But why?  Do it enough, get complacent, have wet/slippery fingers, and you may have a negligent discharge rather than just putting the hammer on the half cock notch.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2018, 07:03:53 PM »
Tee hee hee.

Some find it easy to manually drop the hammer, as has been done with SA revolvers for instance over a hundred years.  Same with good old 94 Win lever action, and even SA/DA revolvers when after being ready for a shot on game, you decide to pass and manually thumb (refrained from saying fingered) the hammer back on safe.  For some the automated hammer dropping device/lever gets in the way of their normal high hands hold.  For me, specifically for the Rami, I didn't want the tritium sights.

Choices are cool.

Offline cntrydawwwg

Half bleep on B (safety) model-
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2018, 07:45:00 PM »
Half bleeped. Debleeper.
   Ok. Wow. Thought you guys were pulling my leg. Sure hope they get the censor fixed. This is gonna get real confusing. Real quick.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 07:48:01 PM by cntrydawwwg »
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline cntrydawwwg

Half bleep on B (safety) model-
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2018, 07:53:55 PM »
I just sent Mr. A a PM asking what?s goin on. LOL, it?s even censoring the PM?s.

Went thru and found old threads. It?s censored every one.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 08:05:30 PM by cntrydawwwg »

Offline Vinny

Re: Half cock on B (safety) model-
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 08:47:18 PM »
Half-'Rooster-ed'. How funny is that.

Although I now own all BD model CZ's, when I had a manual safety SP-01 I used the 'thumb-roll' method to safely and positively drop the hammer. IMHO much safer than trying to grip and hold the hammer.

Simply insert the wide part of support-hand thumb between hammer and back of slide (thumb will positively block hammer from falling) and pull then release trigger allowing hammer to rest on thumb. Now, the FPB is engaged. Then, slowly 'roll' the thumb out allowing the hammer to gently sit on the 1/2 'rooster' notch.

Practice this (without any ammo) and you'll see how easy and fool-proof it is. This gives you the DA 1st round benefits; and also the ability to run the gun SAO/Safety. Best of both worlds.   ;)
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline beagleye

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 08:51:34 PM »
...If you want to carry with the hammer on the half cock notch, why not buy a BD model/design pistol...
It's a fair question. I haven't really made up my mind whether to buy the B or BD, or how will I will carry it.  I do like having a safety, I am used to a 1911. Additionally, I am hearing bad things about the sights on the BD. But it is still an open question and I appreciate you help and advice. Thanks to you all.

Offline Vinny

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 09:16:39 PM »
...If you want to carry with the hammer on the half cock notch, why not buy a BD model/design pistol...
It's a fair question. I haven't really made up my mind whether to buy the B or BD, or how will I will carry it.  I do like having a safety, I am used to a 1911. Additionally, I am hearing bad things about the sights on the BD. But it is still an open question and I appreciate you help and advice. Thanks to you all.

If you're accustomed to running a 1911 for defense, you might be more comfortable starting with the manual safety model. You can still run it DA/SA if you eventually become more comfortable carrying DA/SA.

BTW- If I recall correctly, on manual safety CZ models once you engage the DA 1st round mode by lowering the hammer, you CAN'T then engage the manual safety. In other words, you run it SAO/manual safety OR you run it DA 1st round-no safety.  As I mentioned, I now have all BD models, but someone with a manual safety model can confirm this.
"Fear is a reaction, Courage is a decision"
"Carpe Diem"

Offline Sacred-Avenger

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 09:46:16 PM »

If you're accustomed to running a 1911 for defense, you might be more comfortable starting with the manual safety model. You can still run it DA/SA if you eventually become more comfortable carrying DA/SA.

BTW- If I recall correctly, on manual safety CZ models once you engage the DA 1st round mode by lowering the hammer, you CAN'T then engage the manual safety. In other words, you run it SAO/manual safety OR you run it DA 1st round-no safety.  As I mentioned, I now have all BD models, but someone with a manual safety model can confirm this.

I can confirm, on my 75 B either SA with manual safety on or DA with no safety.

With a BD variant, once you ?decock?, wouldn?t it be the same as the normal B Model if you carry as DA? Or does the BD have another ?safety? feature?

Offline cntrydawwwg

Half cock on B (safety) model-
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 10:23:45 PM »
With a BD variant, once you ?decock?, wouldn?t it be the same as the normal B Model if you carry as DA? Or does the BD have another ?safety? feature?
  Yes, DA carry would be the same.

OP, sorry I got sidetracked over the Halfcock/decocker censorship, that seems to be partially fixed now.

You?ve got some great answers above. Now it just boils down to personal preference as to which one you would prefer. 

« Last Edit: January 01, 2018, 10:27:15 PM by cntrydawwwg »

Offline beagleye

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 08:13:24 PM »
Great answers all. Thanks!

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 08:02:11 AM »
Beagleye, I'm a 1911 guy (still keep one in the bedroom with my P09).  Cocked and locked is the only way I carry.  For almost 40 years now.

I don't feel uncomfortable at all carrying cocked and locked with a CZ.  Unless I'm shooting it the thumb safety is in the SAFE position.  Even if something were to fail and the hammer dropped, the firing pin block safety is still there (I even left it installed in the Compact I converted to SAO).

You can carry anyway you want to, it's you and your pistol.  I just like the SA trigger pull and the last time I missed a thumb safety on the draw stroke was about 1982 or 83.  The Combat Commander got a set of extended ambidextrous safeties after that and I never missed it again.

Good luck with it.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline larryflew

• Minnesota
« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 09:55:52 PM »
50 years of decocking manually on a LOT of different guns from shotguns to revolvers. Easy peezy. In fact its the only reason I sold my P01 and PCR and bought a Canik alloy frame compact with safety.
When did it change from "We the people" to "screw the people"?

, []]]]]]]]]]]\>
        )'_\   (
'            \ *\
'              \ _\

Larry

Minnesota shooter
and CZ fanatic
NRA life since the 70's
USAF 66-70

Why use 911 when it's faster to use 1911 or 9mm?