Author Topic: HD: sp-01 or....  (Read 1038 times)

Offline JLla84

HD: sp-01 or....
« on: February 01, 2018, 09:24:52 AM »
So ive finally taken my new shadow 2 for a break in range day and wow oh wow.... and now im finding myself steering away polymer/striker platform to the steel frame/da-sa platform...

which choice would suit me more for home defense purposes.... the sp-o1, with full size frame, and dust cover, and the 18 round mags, or something like a 75b, still a very sweet firearm...? something in me keeps going back to the sp-01 but feel the 75b shouldn't be ignored...

thanks for all of the advice, im just in candy land wanting all of the firearms right now  O0
Visit my IG for USPSA and other shooting videos!
https://www.instagram.com/jlla84/

CZ Shadow 2 Cajunized
CZ P10c Cajunized
CZ Cajun PCR
CZ Scorpion K SBR
Sig P365XL RX
M&P Shield

Offline kmanick

Re: HD: sp-01 or....
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2018, 10:36:23 AM »
same here, I'm becoming more convinced that Polymer is better suited for Concealed carry.
I do have an M&P performance Center 9L with a ported barrel and a Jpoint RMR on there that I have a soft spot for
but after shooting my shadow 2 I noticed that I really need a much "firmer" grip  on my polymer guns so they don't drift if I jerk the trigger at all.
all steel seems to be a bit more 'stable and forgiving".
I find it much easier to shoot accurately across steel plates with the Shadow than I do the M&P
make it criminal to own a gun and only criminals will own them

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2018, 02:39:30 PM »
So ive finally taken my new shadow 2 for a break in range day and wow oh wow.... and now im finding myself steering away polymer/striker platform to the steel frame/da-sa platform...

which choice would suit me more for home defense purposes.... the sp-o1, with full size frame, and dust cover, and the 18 round mags, or something like a 75b, still a very sweet firearm...? something in me keeps going back to the sp-01 but feel the 75b shouldn't be ignored...

thanks for all of the advice, im just in candy land wanting all of the firearms right now  O0

I have an SP-01 and a 75 SA Shadow (short dust cover). I have converted the SP-01 to SA. Both are great shooters. With the SP-01 you have a rail so you can add a mounted light which is handy for home defense. Because of the rail weight there is slightly less muzzle flip with the SP-01 but I don't think in a home defense situation that is that significant. I think the option of the light is the most important thing. If you don't care to mount a light, it is just whichever feels better to you.  The short dust cover feels a little more agile. The SP-01has a little less muzzle flip.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 02:45:40 PM by fastlane604 »

Offline JLla84

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2018, 02:53:09 PM »
Seems as if its great choice 1a or great choice 1b LOL

CZ Shadow 2 Cajunized
CZ P10c Cajunized
CZ Cajun PCR
CZ Scorpion K SBR
Sig P365XL RX
M&P Shield

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2018, 03:00:22 PM »
I would imagine that you would want a light for a HD pistol, so I would recommend the SP-01.

Plus, it has a grip that is closer to the Shadow 2. I would imagine that you would also prefer that.

I used my SP-01 Compact for HD and have a red dot on that little thing. Red dot and a light are just an awesome combo for HD in my opinion. It doesn't hurt that mine has a Cajun bushing on it and I have shot 1.5" groups at 25 yards (standing 2 hand grip) with it. Clays get shattered out to 100 yards pretty easily for me with that one so I joke with my neighbors who shoot with me that if our neighborhood ever gets attacked I can lay down suppressive fire with my compact HD pistol out to 100 yards to keep them safe.

Anyways, that was a big side track moment. I'd recommend the SP-01 with you loving the Shadow 2.
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline fastlane604

« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2018, 03:02:44 PM »
Seems as if its great choice 1a or great choice 1b LOL

If you are like many of us, and become bitten by the bug. You will buy one and then later buy the other. :-)

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2018, 06:39:42 PM »
The gun in the basket by my recliner is a P01 with a light on the rail.

The gun in the cabinet by my bed is a P09 with a light on the rail.

The gun my wife has in the kitchen is a P09 with a light on the rail.

I have/carry guns with no rails/lights, but the guns out of sight, but in reach around the house have lights on them.  Carbines, too.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline Scarlett Pistol

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2018, 11:33:19 AM »
The gun in the basket by my recliner is a P01 with a light on the rail.

The gun in the cabinet by my bed is a P09 with a light on the rail.

The gun my wife has in the kitchen is a P09 with a light on the rail.

I have/carry guns with no rails/lights, but the guns out of sight, but in reach around the house have lights on them.  Carbines, too.

I'm disappointed M1A4ME... "2 is 1 and 1 is none"... I would expect 2 pistols in each of those locations from you...  O0
"In God I trust. All others must supply data."

Offline JLla84

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2018, 01:05:25 PM »
LMAO!

CZ Shadow 2 Cajunized
CZ P10c Cajunized
CZ Cajun PCR
CZ Scorpion K SBR
Sig P365XL RX
M&P Shield

Offline steel

« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2018, 03:18:07 PM »
I prefer the 75B for carry, general rampage use, and competition.  The full length cover does have merit.

anything