Author Topic: Just ordered the CZ Shadow 2  (Read 2823 times)

Offline BigAl73

Just ordered the CZ Shadow 2
« on: January 03, 2018, 01:03:32 PM »
Found the Shadow 2 I wanted at Kentucky Gun Company.  Outstanding price and just what I wanted.
Here's a YT vid of the one I ordered.
Now I'm needing an additional threaded barrel for  it and a good holster.
Suggestions welcomed.
Can't shoot it, when it comes in, just had major shoulder surgery friday, but I can play with it. 
Comes with 3 mags.

Offline Tyerone

• Saving the planet.
Re: Just ordered the CZ Shadow 2
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 10:20:04 PM »
Well happy new year; congrats!

Whatcha using it for (the S2 and the threaded barrel)?

Offline BigAl73

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 10:32:29 PM »
I do some steel challenges and local shoots.  I wanted the threaded barrel because I've got a bunch of guns and have almost all of them suppressor ready.  After I started shooting suppressed, I fell in love with it.  Having no need for ear protection is neat.  Sometimes, a few of us will go shoot only suppressed on all guns. I have range on my land (Oklahoma) and have friends with land where we shoot steel up to 1,500 yards.  Use some HC guns and some just really loud guns.  Shooting suppressed is handy.   
Add to that, I just like the option.

Offline Mister Coffee

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 11:36:18 PM »
@BigAl73: Good video, Al. Now, I know why I want that gun so much.  ;D
Colt 1911s, Browning Hi-Powers, other assorted noisemakers.

Offline WVsig

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 10:09:19 AM »
I hope your Urban Gray holds up better than mine did. I had to send it back to the factory because of a pit mark and unusually fast rail wear. I have had other polycoat CZs that held up well but my Shadow 2 had to go back.
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Soren Kierkegaard
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Zeebz

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 02:16:15 AM »
Congrats on the Shadow 2.  You'll love it.  It's such an amazing pistol and is stupid accurate.  You actually have to try to be bad with it to shoot inaccurately.

Offline kuglespritz

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 10:28:56 PM »
I just picked up my new Shadow 2 on Thursday and unfortunately, it's way too cold (5 degrees) to spend any quality time at the range right now.  But soon, that will change  8)

Offline K3JB

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2018, 12:55:24 AM »
Thanks for the video, The Shadow 1 was great, I look forward to trying a Shadow 2.
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact." - George Eliot

Offline kuglespritz

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 07:44:42 AM »
I finally got to shoot my Shadow 2 yesterday at the range.  The range I belong to has a steel range so the plate rack and dueling tree saw a lot of action.  It is a great pistol and my experience shooting it matches all of the reviews I had read and videos I watched.  Out of the box trigger is smooth and it's super accurate.

Offline jakjakman

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 11:20:15 AM »
I'm looking forward to upgrading my Shadow Target to a Shadow 2. New year, new gun!  ;D

Offline Zigzag

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 01:09:08 PM »
I've had my S2 for a little over a month and am continuously impressed with it. A shop not too far away had some periodically so when I got to get my hands on one that was it and no regrets. Accuracy is phenominal. Mine says its urban grey but it looks more of a tan to me. I used to want a high end 1911 but not anymore

Offline muncie21

« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 04:28:48 AM »
If any of you new Shadow 2 owners find yourselves not liking the extended safety CZ includes (in addition to the thin safety) PM me if you'd like to sell them.

Offline firebike

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2018, 04:12:55 PM »
Took mine to the range for the first time today. Man it is hard NOT to hit what you are aiming at. It made me giggle like a girl everytime I hit the bullseye. If I missed I knew it was me and what I did wrong. This is quickly becoming my new fave.

Offline milq

• Steel on target
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2018, 02:20:36 PM »
I picked one up from KGC as well, came in yesterday afternoon but was dark when I got home and pouring rain now....ugh. Definitely loving everything about it so far though!
NRA Basic Pistol Instuctor, IL FCCA Instructor.

http://jc-steelontarget.blogspot.com/ and check out www.illinoiscarry.com to learn more about CCW in IL.

Offline AngelDeVille

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2018, 04:49:45 PM »
I got a notification from KGC, and within 15 minutes of the email they were out of stock again.
I got a .32 gun in my pocket for fun...

WWJMBD
Sent from the panic room, via two tin cans attached with a string, and a jail broken Atari 2600, while wearing a Tin Foil hat.

anything