Author Topic: LOK grips - Grenade & Bogies  (Read 2555 times)

Offline vicikid62

LOK grips - Grenade & Bogies
« on: January 03, 2018, 05:09:15 PM »
I ordered LOK Grenade and Palm Swell Bogies for my SP-01.  The Grenades are a touch thinner than the stock rubber grips and "mild" in texture while the Palm Swell Bogies feel closer to the stock rubber grips in size and shape, but definitely have a more aggressive texture.  I like the texture of the Grenades but the Bogies feel a bit better due to their size and shape (except for the texture).  For folks that have used the Bogies... can they be lightly sanded to reduce the aggressiveness of the texture (without ruining the grips)... will they become less aggressive over time with regular use... or will they stay this aggressive?

Thanks,
Walter

Offline IDescribe

Re: LOK grips - Grenade & Bogies
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 05:21:01 PM »
Your hands will get more aggressive.  ;)

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 07:20:28 PM »
I have the blue bogies and don't find them painful at all,  more like sticky. 
  To shorten my trigger reach I sanded off the top of the strong side grip flush to the frame.  The color darkened after removing  the patterned surface.  They sand easily.

Offline vicikid62

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 04:41:20 PM »
Thanks for the input.  Now to find where I left my sandpaper/sanding blocks :)

Offline viking499

« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 05:10:11 PM »
Why don't you order a set of palm swell grenades?  Best of both worlds. ;)

Offline Earl Keese

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 06:05:57 PM »
I love my bogies. I don't feel the need, but a tiny bit of sanding goes a long way. I did this on my shield 45 stippling on one side. One pass with 400 grit did the trick. Literally only took one pass, and you can't tell by looking at it.

Offline Atomic Punk

« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 06:36:01 PM »

LOK doesn't make any but VZ does a palmswell frag, which is basically what you're advocating. 

Offline viking499

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 06:43:55 PM »

LOK doesn't make any but VZ does a palmswell frag, which is basically what you're advocating.

Don't know about VZ, but I do have a set of  black LOK compact palm swell grenade grips sitting in my safe right now.  Nice grips, but I prefer the flat grenades over the palm swells.

Offline Atomic Punk

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2018, 02:57:10 PM »
Don't know about VZ, but I do have a set of  black LOK compact palm swell grenade grips sitting in my safe right now.  Nice grips, but I prefer the flat grenades over the palm swells.

Hmm, they aren?t listed on their site. I just looked under palmswell and all it lists are bogies. I also looked at every CZ75 grip and didn?t see any ?palmswell grenade.? Did you special order them?

Offline viking499

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2018, 03:23:37 PM »
I emailed them and asked them if they could do the grenades since I didn't think I would like the Bogies and they said they could do it.  Seems like he also listed one or two other patterns they could do the palm swells in.  Also seems like there was a little extra charge to do it the way I wanted.

As said earlier, I like them. But still prefer the thinner grips.  Will probably eventually sell mine unless I change my mind.

Offline kmanick

« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2018, 12:02:02 PM »
I just added LOK palm swell bogies to my shadow 2 this morning. I needed a little more "girth" in the grip
and more it fit's my hand a little better.

make it criminal to own a gun and only criminals will own them

Offline GRU7_Mike

« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2018, 06:57:25 PM »
For me, not being able to have the LOK Grenade grips installed is the only downside of owning a P-07 compared to the 75 Compact. 
Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves.
William Pitt