Author Topic: cz52 hammer spring and decocker  (Read 269 times)

Offline jask

cz52 hammer spring and decocker
« on: January 03, 2018, 05:09:24 PM »
Somewhere I read  an article about removing one coil from the hammer spring so that the slide is easier for old hands to rack. Anyone tried this ? So far I have installed meprolight  Glock sights front and back ( they are great ) stainless barrel ,extended slide release and last but most important eliminating the non working decocker. This gun will last another life time and I do not want someone to use the decocker by mistake or otherwise. Most of my pistols are made by Sig (double action only or DAK ) NO decockers.
the one I have with a safety is a 45 and you push it up until it locks in. You do not have to worry about pushing it to hard and decocking.  When the cz52 decocker is not working correctly the sear allowes the firing pin to release, I'm thinking about driving a hardened steel pin in just above the safe position so that it can't be moved above that. If you have a better idea I would love to hear it.   

Offline Plinkasaurusrex

Re: cz52 hammer spring and decocker
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 10:02:16 AM »
How did you replace the sights?
Mine appear to be integral to the frame.

Offline jask

Re: cz52 hammer spring and decocker
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 02:41:55 PM »
I ground the front sight off it's machined into the slide.
The glock front sights are all made so that a small tab on the bottom of the sight fits in the slide and a scew holds it in place from inside the slide . I think the slot is two 3/32 holes with the centers 3/32 apart.
Using a small file clean to the tangent pts of the circles. Glock sells a tool that fits the screw that comes with all Glcok sights.  Start to finish for front sight 30 min. Glock cuts this slot over sized for adjustment.
If your sure they are centered forget the screw and use JB Weld.  No dovetail to cut.
The rear sight (if Glock ) are plastic and flare out at the bottom wider than the dovetail. Trim the sides to the same width as the dovetail. Meprolight sight is alum but same thing. The sight dovetail needs a little filing and then driven in. My sights are for 357 sig and up   

anything