Author Topic: Favorite and most accurate loads for your P10c  (Read 5526 times)

Offline Coleman

Favorite and most accurate loads for your P10c
« on: January 03, 2018, 05:30:30 PM »
Just a quick question on yalls loads for your P10s. What Bullet & weight, along with powder. I love to bench my handguns at distance especially with my Burris fastfire. Like Joe L Ive been doing this for years and years dont know why but love to seen tight groups at long pistol range. What kind of results have some you guys got.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
Re: Favorite and most accurate loads for your P10c
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 11:23:48 PM »
Honestly my best load I have so far is actually my practice load, a 124gr cast bullet over 6.6 grains of AA#7. Soft shooting and right on target.  :) I haven't had many new bullets to play with yet, but that cast load shoots like a house afire!

Offline dave33

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 11:38:19 PM »
I don't have much long range time devoted to my P10-C but so far it seems to like 124gr coated lead pretty well.  Doesnt seem to matter which brand bullets or powder, they have been very consistent.  In an effort to burn up some partial pounds of powder I've been loading up a few hundred rounds of this or that just for practice fodder.  Then, when I get to the range I carefully fire a few off to get an ideal of where they are hitting in relation to the sights.  The last load was with Precision bullets and N320 powder, leaning against a wall, was about 2" at 20 yds. 

The time before that was with H&S coated lead and Zip powder.  At 12 yds they pretty much made one big hole.  Was aiming at a spot about the size of a paster and pretty much hit it, Fired a second shot and thought for a minute I had missed the paper.  Scratched my head, looked at the gun and the sights, looked a little closer at the target and realized the second shot basically went through the same hole.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 12:31:00 AM »
Just a quick question on yalls loads for your P10s. What Bullet & weight, along with powder.

Coleman, we haven't had a lot of extensive P-10C load development posts in this subforum, for whatever the reason -- I just suspect the guys who are super-active in this subforum who do a lot of testing with a variety of bullets don't have a P-10C yet.  That would describe me.  So I'll produce a lot of data in this regard some day, but not yet. ;)  You're in luck anyway, however, because...

If the powder is accurate in 9mm, you'll be able to work up an accurate load with the P-10C.  If the bullet is good in 9mm CZ pistols, it's going to produce an accurate load with the P-10C.

Quite simply, if accuracy were my ONLY concern, and it were not a 9mm minor action pistol competition load where there are other considerations, so just accuracy, I'd load a 115gr JHP, with the 115gr Hornady HAP being my first choice, and I would load it with a slower burn rate powder like Silhouette, Power Pistol, or AA7, and I'd drive it up somewhere around 1200-1240 feet/sec.

The fact you are loading with N320 and 124gr bullets makes me wonder if you may also be loading for 9mm minor action pistol.  If that's the case, just say so, because my recommendations for that would be entirely different.  ;)

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 12:55:21 AM »
dave33, nice work!  8)

Offline Coleman

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 12:58:19 AM »
I agree with you guys for sure that the P10 is dead nuts accurate for sure. And just so happens ive been casting alot of 124gr with my lee 6 cavity but havent got to shoot any of them just yet. I have had good results from the 115gr HAP like idescribe mentioned. I love longshot powder but for the first time I'm getting better accuracy out of other powders but its usually the most accurate and great velocity as well. Gonna throw it behind some of my cast bullets.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 02:08:26 AM »
Ah, the 124 gr Tumble Lube, absolutely the one I use the most - my P-10C loves it. Easy casting bullet, too.

Offline dave33

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 11:49:53 AM »
I agree with you guys for sure that the P10 is dead nuts accurate for sure. And just so happens ive been casting alot of 124gr with my lee 6 cavity but havent got to shoot any of them just yet. I have had good results from the 115gr HAP like idescribe mentioned. I love longshot powder but for the first time I'm getting better accuracy out of other powders but its usually the most accurate and great velocity as well. Gonna throw it behind some of my cast bullets.

Do you load for shotguns too?  Just curious as I don't come across too many folks using long shot powder in 9. Another slow burning shotgun powder that seems to be very accurate for me is blue dot in case you have some of that laying around. 

Offline Kenneth

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 12:41:06 PM »
A lot of shotgun powders go well with 9mm. I know E3 was a big one as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Coleman

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 01:21:48 PM »
Hey dave33 I only load shotgun for my Turkey loads and use Lilgun for it I use longshot for 9mm and my 10mm very versatile powder burns pretty clean can push a 124 to 1200fps with little problem love it dont know why its not more popular with more folks. I would highly suggest everyone give it a try 5-6gr charges so low charge weights too. Very affordable usually around $23.

Offline IDescribe

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 02:26:46 PM »
Ah, the 124 gr Tumble Lube, absolutely the one I use the most - my P-10C loves it. Easy casting bullet, too.

A-man, do you size those .356?  .357?  .358?

Offline Wobbly

• Administrator
  • Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 10:43:43 PM »
I just got a P-10 but have not had time to spend shooting. I went out the other evening with the chrono and 5 loads, but the sun was too low to take many readings.
In God we trust; On 'Starting Load' we rely.

Offline armoredman

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2018, 01:46:36 AM »

A-man, do you size those .356?  .357?  .358?

.356, actually. 8)

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2018, 05:59:52 AM »
Not for a P10C, don't have one.
For my other CZ's I use 124gr (.356 diameter) X-Treme bullets the following powders;

Longshot 4.4gr @ 1.075" COAL

HS-6 5.1gr @ 1.075" COAL

CFE Pistol 4.8gr @ 1.075" COAL

TiteGroup 3.2gr @ 1.075" COAL

"CAUTION" These are all max loads per Hodgdon load data center.

These loads all work well in my CZ 75B, CZ 75B Compact, Canik C-100 and Canik SF Elite.
All firearms are different so drop loads at least 10% and test.

I have found most .355" jacketed, .356 diameter plated or coated bullets also work pretty good.

"1776" - Part II

Offline Coleman

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2018, 04:01:24 PM »
Armoredman is right one sizing die Lee offers a .356 die they do shoot great I powder coat mine they do very well zero leading and work great in my original glock barrels as well. Dwarren 4.4gr Of longshot sounds very low for a 124gr even a minimum charge but if they work they work I was thinking it was around 5.0gr minimum I may be wrong. But its a great powder for alot of calibers thats for sure.