Author Topic: Anyone Ever Sent a Polycoat Gun Back to CZ For Finish Warranty  (Read 6119 times)

Offline deverm

Re: Anyone Ever Sent a Polycoat Gun Back to CZ For Finish Warranty
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 05:36:54 PM »
Well I sent the Shadow 2 in so they could fix the finish. It turns out that for a finish issue they will replace the gun because they cannot do Polycoat in the US and they don't send guns back to Cezch. Now the rub. They don't have any Shadow 2 in Urban Gray to replace it with. I have to wait 6 weeks and if they have not gotten one in they will refund me, minus transfer, shipping and tax, or offer a substitute which would have to go to a FFL.

If I had know that they had allocation issues I would have just lived with the defect and eventually gotten the frame hard chromed. The communication on CZ warranties part sucked IMHO.

Ask them to return it then. I would even dare to ask them to return it incl. some compensation for the fault, like a couple of mags etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline WVsig

« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2018, 05:53:39 PM »
Well I sent the Shadow 2 in so they could fix the finish. It turns out that for a finish issue they will replace the gun because they cannot do Polycoat in the US and they don't send guns back to Cezch. Now the rub. They don't have any Shadow 2 in Urban Gray to replace it with. I have to wait 6 weeks and if they have not gotten one in they will refund me, minus transfer, shipping and tax, or offer a substitute which would have to go to a FFL.

If I had know that they had allocation issues I would have just lived with the defect and eventually gotten the frame hard chromed. The communication on CZ warranties part sucked IMHO.

Ask them to return it then. I would even dare to ask them to return it incl. some compensation for the fault, like a couple of mags etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah I am seriously considering that route. If they cannot replace the pistol I am just going to ask for it back with some extra mags.
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Soren Kierkegaard
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle

Offline WVsig

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 10:04:36 PM »
Well I sent the Shadow 2 in so they could fix the finish. It turns out that for a finish issue they will replace the gun because they cannot do Polycoat in the US and they don't send guns back to Cezch.

CZCustom does Polycoat refinishing in multiple colors (black, tungsten, bronze, and titanium).

Yeah but they do not do warranty work for CZ. If I was going to pay to have it refinished I would get it hard chromed or Ionbond.
"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." - Soren Kierkegaard
"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -Aristotle