Author Topic: New Ruger 9mm carbine  (Read 2166 times)

Offline Continental Op

New Ruger 9mm carbine
« on: January 04, 2018, 10:36:22 PM »
Ruger revamped their 9mm carbine.  It's pretty cool.  Integral picatinny on top of the receiver and at the forend , and it's a take-down.  The best part is that it uses interchangeable magazine wells to accommodate various Ruger and Glock pistol magazines.  I emailed them to ask if there were any plans to make a magazine well for the CZ75.  I interpret their response to indicate they might be working on it.  If they do, I'll buy the carbine.
Link:  https://ruger.com/products/pcCarbine/models.html

Ruger's response:

Thank you for your inquiry. Here at Ruger, we are always working on exciting new products and will introduce them as they are ready. However, as a publicly traded Company, we are mindful of applicable laws and regulations regarding disclosure of inside information and therefore are careful not to disclose any new product plans in advance. Candidly, we also find that it occasionally takes longer than expected to get a new product across the finish line, and our plans and priorities change over time, so we would be reluctant to talk about product plans in any event.

In sum, we are not able to respond to your question, but hope you understand that it is simply due to applicable laws regarding public disclosures.

Offline cntrydawwwg

New Ruger 9mm carbine
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 10:52:34 PM »
That would be pretty cool if they did start accepting CZ mags. I doubt they will, but would be cool.

The one thing I?ve noticed, is that there?s a lot of Ruger fans here. And a lot of CZ fans over on the Ruger forum. So best of both worlds.

Just too bad they didn?t make the new carbine in a wood stock also, for those of us who prefer more traditional. Either way, for how low the expected price is on these I?ll be thinking of getting one just for fun.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:55:32 PM by cntrydawwwg »
If guns are outlawed.........
 Only outlaws will have guns.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Re: New Ruger 9mm carbine
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 12:09:25 AM »
I interpret their response to indicate they might be working on it.  If they do, I'll buy the carbine.
I tend to agree,  but  9mm CZ mags "above 19 rds" start to get expensive.  A bag full of 16/19 rd mags would be nice for range practice. :)   Uuum, red dot, big mags, a ton of reload ammo, sling, supressor, .............. 8)

Anyone have any first hand or reliable info on performance?

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2018, 01:21:05 AM »
I like it and may get one after they have been out for awhile.
"1776" - Part II

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2018, 08:52:09 AM »
It's pretty gross looking, but I bet it's a blast to shoot!

Ruger MSRP's are usually WAAAAAAAY higher than street price.  Most likely retail for $500-525.  At that price (with the ability to take Glock mags) it should be a dandy gun for people wanting to shoot PCC division.  The only downfall is it is a little heavy.  It's actually heavier than a muzzle braked Scorpion (6.8 pounds for the Ruger, 6.38 for the Scorpion).

Online Tanners Owner

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2018, 08:25:28 PM »
Am curious if the adapter for Glock Mags attaches to the magazine or the receiver? If it?s in the receiver, then great, if attached to the Glock mag, then I?ll pass
Like a midget at a urinal, I'll have to keep on my toes

Ron M.

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 08:31:53 PM »
Am curious if the adapter for Glock Mags attaches to the magazine or the receiver? If it?s in the receiver, then great, if attached to the Glock mag, then I?ll pass

It's a receiver mounted insert/block.

I think I'll be getting one, I've seen several sites that are taking orders in advance at $500 or so.

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 01:07:04 AM »
I believe they also will sell a mag insert for Ruger P series mags.
Not in box, have to order from what I have heard.
"1776" - Part II

Offline sboone

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2018, 03:17:57 PM »
Likely after the initial launch they will wait a year and come out with 2-5 different models.  I?m hoping one of those is a breakdown pistol with an 8-10? barrel.  I?m also guessing there?s a chance a 40 S&W and/or 45 auto are in the works too and maybe just maybe a 10mm but I think that?s gonna be a long shot.

More than likely I would venture to say there?s gonna be the standard model that the just introduced, a ?tactical? carbine, and a pistol of sorts all in 9mm

Offline RPN

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2018, 08:04:25 PM »
10mm would be an uber-interesting firearm.

I'm very likely to get one- been itching for a CT legal carbine to have for the wife.  Plus, I got the Ruger bolt gun in 7.62x39 has been a sweet shooter, so I'm pleased with Ruger right now.

Offline eastman

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2018, 09:46:36 PM »
I expect there will be a version of the Magpul backpacker stock (currently used on the 10/22 takedown) coming soon. That would probably convince me to buy one (after I get the chance to play with one first and decide on the buy/not).
I don't look like my avatar!

Offline DWARREN

• Old & Tired
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2018, 10:31:49 PM »
Wonder if they will do a silenced barrel like they did for the 10/22 take down?
"1776" - Part II

Offline midnight son

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2018, 06:39:26 AM »
How many new pcc' are coming out at SHOT?

Offline nevada

« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2018, 12:01:20 AM »
I have ten Ruger P95 mags, plus the pistol, that could use a friend. I would go for it at $500 or less.

Offline Continental Op

« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2018, 09:33:04 PM »
Wonder if they will do a silenced barrel like they did for the 10/22 take down?

I was wondering the same thing.  Seems like a natural fit.