Author Topic: Federal Primers  (Read 574 times)

Offline SoCal

Federal Primers
« on: January 05, 2018, 07:42:09 PM »
Bruno's has Fed. small pistol primers in stock.

http://www.brunoshooters.com/category/primers_federal.html
If I had known how much better being retired is than working I would have done it FIRST.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
Re: Federal Primers
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 08:06:24 PM »
They even have the regular #100 apps.  First of them I've seen in a long tiiimmme.  I personally don't experience ANY difference with the more expensive Match Grade Fed spps and the #100s. :-\.

Offline Wobbly

• Loves the smell of VihtaVuori in the morning !
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2018, 07:56:12 PM »
I'll wait until they're back down to $24 !

;D
In God we trust; On 'starting load' we rely.

Immature reloaders ask: What's wrong with this gun?
Mature reloaders ask: What did I do wrong ?

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2018, 10:19:54 PM »

;D

How old are you...now?  O0

Offline painter

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2018, 11:06:14 AM »

;D

How old are you...now?  O0
I'm thinking he shouldn't hold his breath. ;)
I had the right to remain silent...

but not the ability.

Offline midnight son

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2018, 08:33:31 AM »
Primers are one of those things you need to buy when you can. Twice they have disappeared and couldn't be found. Fed and Win primers are great, but don't overlook stashing some wolf or s&b. They work great and are considerably cheaper.

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 12:45:03 AM »
Primers are one of those things you need to buy when you can. Twice they have disappeared and couldn't be found. Fed and Win primers are great, but don't overlook stashing some wolf or s&b. They work great and are considerably cheaper.

But,  only fire in pistols sprung heavy enough to fire them.   This is not a slam on those primers,  just  mentioning why the other primers are important to a LOT of shooters. 
 When you pay over a $1000 (or a lot over $1K) for a pistol with a great trigger,  the increased cost of a primer that fires on EVERY trigger pull isn't that big of an issue.  Those two primers would put many of the competition revolvers out of business unless  heavier springs were installed.  To a lesser degree, the same goes for the DA first shot pistols.  Giving up that 5#DA and 2.5# SA  trigger pull is not a good option to save a few dollars/month.

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 12:32:23 PM »

But,  only fire in pistols sprung heavy enough to fire them.   This is not a slam on those primers,  just  mentioning why the other primers are important to a LOT of shooters. 
 When you pay over a $1000 (or a lot over $1K) for a pistol with a great trigger,  the increased cost of a primer that fires on EVERY trigger pull isn't that big of an issue.  Those two primers would put many of the competition revolvers out of business unless  heavier springs were installed.  To a lesser degree, the same goes for the DA first shot pistols.  Giving up that 5#DA and 2.5# SA  trigger pull is not a good option to save a few dollars/month.

You are correct sir!
if you are going to "stash" some primers stash the good ones. That is just my opinion and in no way represents the opinion of this board this thread or anyone other then me.

RCG
........Its that you shoot!

Offline recoilguy

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 12:34:02 PM »

;D

There was a time a couple years ago you couldn't get 100 federals even for $24.......... ;)..........I am just glad those days are gone.

RCG
........Its that you shoot!

Offline Wobbly

« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 02:53:44 PM »

;D

There was a time a couple years ago you couldn't get 100 federals even for $24.......... ;)..........I am just glad those days are gone.

RCG

I bought Fed #100 for $24 about a year ago from Bullets.Com. Yea, you had to buy 5000, but they were offered and available. If this new occurrence is the tip of the iceberg and Federal primers are coming back, then they will soon start to appear everywhere and prices will begin to drop.

Reloading supply sales are down all over becasue people have generally reverted back to cheap factory ammo. That makes it a great time to look for cast-off reloading gear too !

;)

Offline FireMoose

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 03:44:45 AM »
Aren't Federal the ones who use 3X bigger packaging than everone else? I can't stand those boxes.

Offline Wobbly

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2018, 05:31:14 AM »
Aren't Federal the ones who use 3X bigger packaging than everone else? I can't stand those boxes.

But the trays make really nice miniature ice cubes.    ;D

Offline andrew1220

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2018, 07:46:50 AM »

This is why I stopped using them. Sooo much wasted space in my reloading cabinet.

Offline andrew1220

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2018, 07:47:20 AM »

But the trays make really nice miniature ice cubes.    ;D

That's pretty funny.

Offline jameslovesjammie

• The Last Best Place
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2018, 09:36:04 AM »

This is why I stopped using them. Sooo much wasted space in my reloading cabinet.

Yeah, but the bigger package is there because the primers are that much more sensitive.  They are easier to set off, so the extra package is the buffer between you and an explosion.