Author Topic: 75 Sear spring  (Read 4278 times)

Offline Tok36

Re: 75 Sear spring
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2018, 06:39:55 PM »
I went with the method that forum member ThompsonCustom mentioned above. Below is a link to some more detailed information on the modification.

Loose Sear Cage Fix - CZ 75 Variant Safety Models
http://www.czfirearms.us/index.php?topic=85892.0

The other popular option that i am aware of is fabricating a shim to install in between the side of the sear cage and the inside of the pistol frame. I have not tried this option my self yet.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline redlightrich

« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 08:25:15 AM »
Thank you very much. The "long" pin method makes good sense to me to assist in stabilizing the cage. I am going to disassemble this again, as I want to test a SA trigger ( the 9 dollar CZ item) and I want to see how the FPB removal effects reset or pull weight.

I will of course report back.

Currently, I have the CGW 85C old style trigger in my 75B ( and also on my PCR). These triggers have 2 threaded holes, one in the top of the finger portion of the trigger for overtravel, and one further up, just below where the trigger bar mount hole is. I am not certain what the 2nd hole is for? I thought maybe pre-travel, but it is angled differently than other pre-travel adjustment holes I have seen. The CGW site said something about a hybrid disco? But still? I do believe a set screw there would hit the frame, and hold it back as to set pre-travel, but it would be exactly parallel so adjustment may be a trick or require disassembly?

I wrote CGW, and they said the response was too involved to answer by email,  and I should call. Unfortunately, when I have time to speak, it is usually very late or early, when most businesses are closed.

Has anyone used the old style repro 85C trigger and can confirm what the 2nd hole is for?

The old style 85C repro trigger is very comfortable for me, and works well as a target trigger. On my PCR, it eliminated the pain I was getting from the recurve and the trigger slap it can create.

As always, I do appreciate the input from all the members here!!

Rich

Offline 1SOW

• GO GREEN - Recycle 9MM
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 11:37:10 AM »
It does adjust "reset overtravel".  Like the trigger pull overtravel,  a little extra reset travel is needed to allow reset in all pistol conditions.
  The screw can be adjusted in place,  but a little blue LocTite might be wise.

Offline M1A4ME

• I've shot the rest, I now own the best - CZ
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 12:29:19 PM »
I would definitely put some Loctite on it.  if that screw were to come loose and work itself forward it might keep your pistol trigger from moving far enough forward to let the trigger reset.  Degrease the threads in the trigger and on the set screw before putting the Loctite on the screw threads.
I just keep wasting time and money on other brands trying to find/make one shoot like my P07 and P09.  What is wrong with me?

Offline redlightrich

« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 09:00:25 PM »
Thank you both for the information! Now I can further tune the 85c trigger.

I did swap out the 85C for the SA trigger today, but I didn't address anything else. I just wanted to see how it would feel, I did not remove the disco, all I did is swap the old style 85C trigger for the 9 dollar CZ SA trigger.

Interesting thing is, when I put the trigger gauge on the gun, it lowered the pull to a tick over 2# with the SA trigger. My guess is that the straight trigger gave a bit more leverage. I can't help but wonder if anything else is going on. When I swapped back to the 85C trigger, the pull went back to 2.5#. The static position of the 2 triggers is different though, with the SA sitting further rearward.

I do enjoy modding my CZ's!!

Offline Tok36

« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2018, 05:51:30 PM »
A pull weight reduction is not uncommon when swapping to an SAO flat trigger from what i have seen. Glad to hear that you enjoying modding your CZ.
Will work for CZ pics! (including but not limited to all CZ clones)

Offline Grizzlie

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2018, 01:57:49 PM »
'...if we chase perfection, we can catch excellence'